workouts with a cast

bigbobbybee

bigbobbybee

Awards
hey guys,
need a lil help...last week i broke my thumb and am currently in a cast that goes up over my left thumb. I'm in this damn thing for 2 more weeks, does anybody have any tips on how i can still work my upper body with this god-forsakened piece of hardware on my hand?

e5cmb

e5cmb

Awards
hey guys,
need a lil help...last week i broke my thumb and am currently in a cast that goes up over my left thumb. I'm in this damn thing for 2 more weeks, does anybody have any tips on how i can still work my upper body with this god-forsakened piece of hardware on my hand?
Sorry to hear about your injury.

If you work out at a gym that has machines, many of them you can use without putting pressure on your thumb per say. Just be creative. I'd focus on those exercises that your able to do and maybe up the cardio a bit over the next couple of weeks.

Good luck Bro!

bigbobbybee

bigbobbybee

Awards
appreciate it man
i'm gonna do my best seeing that this thing has it to where i have almost no way to grip whatsoever...i was kinda thinking resistance bands but i've gained so much weight and progress in the past 5 months and i don't want to lose ANY of it

bigdave2875

Awards
i read a recent article that said if you worked out your good side that the injured arm wouldn't atrophy as much. its worth a shot

bigbobbybee

bigbobbybee

Awards
really? thats interestin...could yah give me the link to the article? or was it not online?