Iron Gym?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Does it work well and does it damage the door is it safe for doors? im interested in that if it doesnt hurt doors.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
It works, no harm to your door frame. My roomate who bought it weighs about 210, 6'1". I'm my size, and we've already put a dip in the thing. The bar that spans across your door opening is 2 pieces, attached right in the middle.

A lighter person might be able to get away with using it, but for bigger guys I would say its out of the question.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I dont know, its supposed to be OK up to 250lbs.

Rengstorff

Awards
I think the Iron Gym is definitely worth the $30 if you are under the weight limit (I think its 300lbs). I didn't use the little metal piece they say you should mount on the door frame because I don't want to mess up the door/frame and it still held strong (I weigh around 180lbs). Its just nice to be able work the back at home in your free time. Don't forget to take it off the door after you're done because its easy to forget its there and it can mess up your door if you try to shut it.
They also give you the hanging ab straps for the price of shipping and handling.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I own one and took it to my office. I started of with 5 guys from my office, but am down to 3 doing a 100 day pull up challenge and we use it for that. It gets about 170-200 pull ups on it a day right now and is still working great. No damage to the door either. Def a good 30 bucks spent.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hasn't done any damage to my door. At least not yet and I have had it for about 3 months.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Does it work well and does it damage the door is it safe for doors? im interested in that if it doesnt hurt doors.
It broke my doors, but mine are very weak doors. But yes, it's definitely good for pullups.

halflife3

halflife3

Awards
I bought one a few weeks ago and love it! No damage to the door frames, which is something I worried about. I feel like the design pushes into the side frames, so it's not like all the weight is pulling down in the top frame. I only weigh about 155, but up to 200 lbs should be fine.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im a little late on this, but my 25+ year old door frames held fine when I was 230+ lbs, and are still holding now that Im down to 219. Plus I really like the foam grips, just slightly different than the "rubber" foam on the pull up stand/rack I have access to, which I dont care for. I recommend the iron gym highly to everyone who asks about it.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Ya i bought it not too long after i posted this and its held up great i love it no bending and only problem is i cant really do wide grip pullups but other then that its great.