Compression shorts for sport/lifting

walugi

walugi

Awards
Hey guys,

does anyone have experience with compression shorts such as nike pro's, skins, underarmour

do you think they are advantageous when you're doing legs at the gym or during football (or any other exercise with a lot of running)?

I'm wondering because recently i've been doing more running and playing more soccer and i'm starting to get DOMs in my legs when i never used to. I might be playing soccer upwards of 4/5 times a week.

Cheers :)

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
I do, but not for an 'advantage'.. they feel more comfortable to me.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I don't have personal experience with them, but I did read a study that suggested compression shorts improved performance for runners.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Don't buy Nike. They are pieces of **** and come on sewn around the waistband.
REAL compression shorts do help, though, but they are hard to find and usually need to be ordered online.

walugi

walugi

Awards
What constitutes real?

Athletes wear Underarmour, Skins, Nike, Adidas. I think that makes them real enough.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wear the UA ones...its just more comfortable to lift in them IMO

walugi

walugi

Awards
for the comfort guys, do you notice any improvements or advantages esp in the area of doms? I've heard and seen a lot of people say that wearing them helps heaps

lucky1p

lucky1p

Awards
no everytime i where the undrarmor it seems that i chaff

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
UA All the Way!

I have worn Under Armour compression shorts (UA 'Long' version, which means they go down the leg almost to the knee) since the 8th grade for lifting, football, wrestling, track, and baseball. I think that they do help...and it just feels plain weird not to wear them when I work out now. I am only on my third pair of them in 5 years, and thats even when wearing them every day...so they wear like iron too. I'm not sure however how they would help you specifically, I just love wearing them!

P.S. I bought these "endurance" compression shorts for wrestling last year, made by CW-X and they did seem to help, and they are a "true" compression short. They go along the lines of those compression shorts that Adidas claim to have come out with that has bands strategically placed on them that improve performance.

walugi

walugi

Awards
ive heard a lot of people say that nike pro's are good

although, they are those yahoo answers idiots (most of them are idiots anyway)

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
i use them and like them alot. i have had nike, adidas, reebok, UA. and i liked the nike ones the best and the reebok ones were the most durable

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I have worn Under Armour compression shorts (UA 'Long' version, which means they go down the leg almost to the knee) since the 8th grade for lifting, football, wrestling, track, and baseball. I think that they do help...and it just feels plain weird not to wear them when I work out now. I am only on my third pair of them in 5 years, and thats even when wearing them every day...so they wear like iron too. I'm not sure however how they would help you specifically, I just love wearing them!

P.S. I bought these "endurance" compression shorts for wrestling last year, made by CW-X and they did seem to help, and they are a "true" compression short. They go along the lines of those compression shorts that Adidas claim to have come out with that has bands strategically placed on them that improve performance.
I hope you take them off at least once a week to wash them :burnout:

I use UA too but only because they are more comfortable to work out in and I like the long ones (9") when I do Leg Press, Decline Abs, and stuff. I have a thing where I don't like my shorts falling and exposing my upper legs it's just weird to me.

They also help when I jog sometimes my legs rub together and that gets annoying.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I hope you take them off at least once a week to wash them :burnout:

I use UA too but only because they are more comfortable to work out in and I like the long ones (9") when I do Leg Press, Decline Abs, and stuff. I have a thing where I don't like my shorts falling and exposing my upper legs it's just weird to me.

They also help when I jog sometimes my legs rub together and that gets annoying.
Ha ha, oh yeah, they'd be pretty bad if I didn't. My thoughts exactly! I think its so wierd to have my shorts falling too!