"In the ZONE" - AnabolicMinds.com

"In the ZONE"

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

"In the ZONE"

I've heard many people on here talk bout their training and they are "in the zone".

Does this really exist? I for one have never been in it, I dont think. I have some days where I feel good in the gym and other days where I am more run down. But I woulndt call it in the zone, just got a good workout and was strong and had good energy.

Maybe thats all it is...

Describe being IN THE ZONE, or if you think it exists or not.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

for me, it's when i feel like i could lift for hours without getting tired.....i normally have to force myself to go to work on those days (i lift before work in the morning) reps are high even though the weight is slightly heavier. when you go to pick up 40lb DB's for curls and they feel like 15lb DB's. almost like being "on", strong, VERY FOCUSED, and high endurance! happens about 3 to 5 times a month for me......
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Not now Chief, I'm in the f**ckin zone...
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

It's definitely real, without a doubt. Ask any sport psychologist.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

I've been in the zone in sports but that is usually due to hitting the right level of fatigue (too much fatigue and I cannot perform). When I hit a certain level of fatigue my mind just goes in to auto-pilot and everything seems to work.

Having said that, I don't think I've ever reached that stage in a gym. I don't find that I can go in to auto-pilot in a gym, even having to re-rack weights etc breaks any zone I get in to. I have found that an ipod definitely helps my focus and puts towards that area people talk about.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

It usually happens to me when i get the extra motivation from something and am really pumped up for workout having a good day and just feel like i can workout forever and never want to stop. Its real and its awesome.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

For me I get tunnel vision and shut out all sounds. I can only seem to do it on my Max effort pressing days because thats the lift I have the most confidence with. Usually after I hit that point of intensity in my workout I honestly have to take a minute or two after the lift to get my thinking back to normal. When I squat I reach a completely different mindset, and it actually isn't to uncommon for me to "blackout" during a lift. I have done this many times where I will get the bar out of the rack, take my breath, then next thing I know I am either stapled to the box or the bars back in the racks.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    For me I get tunnel vision and shut out all sounds. I can only seem to do it on my Max effort pressing days because thats the lift I have the most confidence with. Usually after I hit that point of intensity in my workout I honestly have to take a minute or two after the lift to get my thinking back to normal. When I squat I reach a completely different mindset, and it actually isn't to uncommon for me to "blackout" during a lift. I have done this many times where I will get the bar out of the rack, take my breath, then next thing I know I am either stapled to the box or the bars back in the racks.
    Haha, awesome. There have been studies on the tunnel vision thing.. totally well documented.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

At first I thought this was a Zone diet deal, but...

For me it happens during high intensity periods.

ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I usually get it when I take PWO drinks (Jack3d, No Shotgun)... It's a good feeling and is definitely needed when you're in the gym.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  2. What is "Methyl Zone"
    By JaredGalloway in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 09:25 AM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  4. Mini rant about the "Women's Zone" of the gym
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General Chat
    Replies: 37