name 2 things that drive you insane at your gym.
- 02-26-2009, 01:50 AM
name 2 things that drive you insane at your gym.
i just have to vent so i wanted to hear what just sets you off at your gym.
1. When guys my age(17-22) im 19, come to the gym in a beater and swimming trunks and flip flops. go straight to the bench and put on 225 and do ellbow bends.. you know where u unrack the bar and bend ur elbows and push up while your 110 pound spotter makes sure you dont get crushed then run over to super set it with your max chest press which u cant get but ur spotter shoves the machine to where u got it locked out. man must build up those ligaments then u do 50 sets of preacher curls with the bar and a 5 on each side and flex in the mirror for 5 hours and drink a vitamin water as your post workout...
2. Guy whos Alpha Male attitude is a bit too much this guy comes in does Standing shrugs on the seated shurg machine, makes sures he slams every weight down so u see how much he was doing. yells when he curls. makes obnoxious faces whather hes doing hamstring curls or swinging the lat pulldown bar down. O you will also hear him saying things like man i Fing hate it when ppl ask me for advice like how did u get soo big how are u moving so much weight.. when in reality i havent seen anyone ask him that. Also this guy looks like he got a severe case of gyno.
- 02-26-2009, 02:30 AM
ok first off i am your age have lifted in a wife beater and swim trunks (but i had regular shoes) but i was at a buddys house over night and didnt have my normal attire
1. the great deadlifters that ego lift and end up trying to sway the bar up with hunched backs and throw off their center of gravity and fall forward tripping over the bar and falling on their face
2. the guy with his girlfriend that hug and smile and kiss and giggle at each other, especially when he is wearin an ed hardy shirt with his fitted hat tilted to the sideCURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html
- 02-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Not so much something I hate at the gym, but I hate people who don't know how genetically lucky they are, you know your friends that eat like crap and only lift when they feel like it, but can still lift big with no problems
02-26-2009, 03:01 AM
What chaps me is:
1) When someone has there contents of their gym bag scattered around the gym blocking people using the equipment . Especially when i'm in a zone.
2)When nasty mother truckers are sitting in the steam room butt naked and shaving with that menthol smelling stuff on top of that. That's when I want to loose my religion and tell them about their selves.
Other than that I don't have any issues.
02-26-2009, 03:03 AM
1. When someone comes over and asks how many sets you have left and then just stand there really close starring at you. One ******* actually commented a second time asking how long I was gonna take when I was obviously resting in between.
2. When some guy or girl uses the bench press for something other than bench. Don't get me wrong I super set all the time but its when they aren't even using the bench for bench. Come on you know a quarter of the people here are needing to use that for what it's meant for!!
Bonus: some guy comes back from the water fountain or talking to his buddy on the other side of the room and hasn't put a towel or keys on the seat so you start unracking their weight and they come back saying, "hey man I'm like still on this, I got like 3 more sets" NOT ANYMORE ****!
02-26-2009, 03:06 AM
02-26-2009, 03:31 AM
02-26-2009, 03:38 AM
when a person is curling ,doing upright rows or anything that could be done else in the squat rack and I want to squat.
people who smell really bad.
Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
02-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Why do the Mid Eastern guys have to be using 5 peices of equipment at the same time and then get defensive if someone happens to siy on their bench while they are half way accross the gym doing somethign else..
-Girls with fantastic asses using the cardio equipment in the rear of the group; common, You like it, I like it- move that booty up to the front for the rest of the class to see!
02-26-2009, 05:11 AM
02-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Only one thing annoys me as it can apply to so many different things - posers.
People who come into the gym thinking that it is fashion contest, people who slam the weights down, people who flex in the mirror in front of you, people who ask you when you will be finished with a free weight (i.e. bench press) and then say in a loud voice not to bother removing the weights as they will use that as a warm-up set, etc. etc.
02-26-2009, 06:30 AM
horrible horrible form....i want to say ouch for them!
built upper body but scrawny weak chicken legs below....drives me nuts!
02-26-2009, 06:31 AM
1) I hate people who think they know so much more than you, and have to give you advice and say "your doing it wrong.
02-26-2009, 06:31 AM
02-26-2009, 06:50 AM
-Girls with fantastic asses using the cardio equipment in the rear of the group; common, You like it, I like it- move that booty up to the front for the rest of the class to see![/QUOTE]
dude I cant agree with you more. Right on Right on
02-26-2009, 07:36 AM
1. People coming into the gym when it's 80 outside wearing shorts a beater and skull caps.
2. All the "fighters" That do a curl, half squat or half bench press and then start throwing kicks and punches at the mirrors.
02-26-2009, 07:38 AM
On another note, I would like to see more thickness in my legs. Been working them hard.
02-26-2009, 07:55 AM
02-26-2009, 07:58 AM
1) Oh man, i really hate it when all these young kids come into the gym and watch me lift a ton of weight, and see how big and massive i am, and start asking me questions. Im always sayng in the gym how I have to stay in the zone so that I can mantain my rock hard super coolness.
2) When all the hot girls are constantly checking me out, and accidentally bumping into me, sothat they can feel my rock hardness (not like that!). Its hard to keep focused when Im lifting such heavy heavy weight!
02-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Eh, I guess i got a few.....guys with their gfs who are all up on each other, people who focus on watching the TV in the gym more than lifting......if you wanna do that, stay at home, people that are just ridiculously friggin loud with grunts, and yells, and slamming weights.....and to boot, half the time the weight is minimal, people that constantly attempt to stare you down OR feel the need to walk within a 1/2 inch of you to shoulder nudge you when the place is empty.....seriously........
02-26-2009, 08:22 AM
2. Trainers who know jack about training but walk around like their hot ****.
02-26-2009, 08:24 AM
02-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Not putting plates back.
I lift at my house so this has been my experience at gyms.
02-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Those who don't return the weights and unrack the bars when done
People who try and circuit train when the weight room has a lot of people and get upset when someone moves in on a piece of equipment once they left it.
02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I have to admit, the skull caps drive me crazy, I just don't understand the purpose other than someone trying to make some sort of fashion statement. Weight droppers drive me crazy...if you're not strong enough to re-rack it, you're not strong enough to lift it.
02-26-2009, 09:03 AM
The guy who is wearing the exact same clothing everytime you see him... Does he not wash it or what? and the guy who is all decked out in TAPOUT gear thinking he is hot S*** and hes not.
02-26-2009, 09:25 AM
- 5'10" 215 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
People who bring their bag in, and carry it around with them like a purse. I had some guy with a hockey bag no less, sitting on the LatPD machine, searching through this massive bag for CDs to switch out of his CD-Discman. He was out-of-shape, wearing tapered track pants, gloves on, w/ a trucker hat backwards. I was so stunned "Move man, c'mon" just blurted out of my mouth.
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Individuals who have to make a sound effect (very loudly) when working out.
People who sing along with the music they are listening.
Individuals who talk to each other from across the gym.
....I have a few more but the title says 2 things, my bad.
02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
1) Dropping dumbells and/or dropping dumbells for all to see
2) Not returning your plates to the weight tree
02-26-2009, 11:09 AM
go to the gym to lift, not socialize, that's what facebook is for hahaha
the number one thing that kills me is the kids/guys who come to the gym and warm up hitting the speed bag and then the double end bag but have no idea what they're doing...c'mon, seriously, go home
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
When guys that outweigh me by 20lbs and appear to be in good shape but lift the same or less than I do.
02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Guys singing to the RNB playing on their ipods. A man bustin out Shakira lyrics is more than a little distracting in the gym. People who sing in general piss me off, in the gym, subway, anywhere lol..
Bad form, people who don't know what they are doing and make a lot of noise doing it, bringing extra attention to themselves when they already look ridiculous enough.
02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
1. Curls in the squat rack. WTF!!!
2. There's a group of 4 at my gym that hog equipment, talk **** about everybody, and yell and scream at their poor ass form deads!!!
Think training's hard,. try losing!
02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
1st, Crappy Micheal Bolton, Madonna type songs playing on the radio due to cardio classes.
2nd, People not reracking weights. I have to walk all over the gym to find the weights I need.
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
1. When guys walk around the gym thinking they're soooo tough and give me a look of "how you doin'?", then walk over to the squat rack and half squat 50 lb less than I can ATG squat. Dude, you're not as great as you think.
2. The overall lifting stupidity in the gym. People using horrible form, doing the wrong movements for what they want to accomplish, and ignoring you when you try to kindly teach them the right way so they don't injure themselves.
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
1. The guy that comes to the gym and sits on a machine or bench and talks on the phone for like 10 to 20 mins. in his flip-flops, so loud that you can here him to benchs down the row talking about his last STD from his sister. (Man I have to get a different gym!!)
2. Guys who try to compete with you when your on the bench with dumbells.
I have some many more.
Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
02-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Lol...I made the mistake of asking a middle east guy to give me a spot yesterday while doing seated barbell behind the neck presses. The bench chair was broke and wouldnt allow for adjusted positioning so it had to stay where it was....it made getting the bar off and back on a little difficult with heavy weight, but not a problem at all with a spotter giving me a lift and then assisting getting the barbell back to its hooks. I had 155lbs, pumped out 8 reps and as the middle east kook stood there, he was in a f@cking daze as I waited for his assist to place the bar back on its hooks. My delts were fatigued and I was just waiting for a shoulder muscle to fail as I held the weight wondering wtf ithis guy was thinking as he stood there in a daze. I was ready to punch his head back to the middle east for being a dip ****. He says oh sorry man....
02-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By dsade in forum NutraplanetReplies: 18Last Post: 10-12-2009, 01:54 PM
- By king1033 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 160Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
- By Cellardude in forum NutraplanetReplies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM
- By NE1 in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2003, 02:51 AM