are my quads outer and inner ok?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
any lifts that can help? im doing leg press, squats, light front squats with light cleans, lunges and deadlifts.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Just keep doing what your doing. Are you planning on competing?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just keep doing what you're doing and don't forget the hamstrings! I'm starting from scratch myself from years of blowing off legs and haven't even got as far as you yet... I'd be happy to see the separation :)

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just keep doing what you're doing and don't forget the hamstrings! I'm starting from scratch myself from years of blowing off legs and haven't even got as far as you yet... I'd be happy to see the separation :)

great thanks! Glad to hear im not doing too bad then.

look pretty good to me bro!
keep up the work :)
awesome thanks guys!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
lookin good. i do heavy low sqats and lower weight, really high rep presses, and long deep lunges, on the heavy side. recipe for good wheels.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
walk deep with them too. i go higher than 90 as well, depending on where in my workout i do them. i feel like i get more out of the dumbells. you want to really slaughter them, supersett those with lighter weight one leg lunges, with your rear foot on a bench, stationary.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
walk deep with them too. i go higher than 90 as well, depending on where in my workout i do them. i feel like i get more out of the dumbells. you want to really slaughter them, supersett those with lighter weight one leg lunges, with your rear foot on a bench, stationary.
I did them this morning, 90 lb was way too light for me, the only problem I had was that my forearm and grip strength would force me to stop. Ill keep working on it tho, it felt much better than doing it with the bb.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I did them this morning, 90 lb was way too light for me, the only problem I had was that my forearm and grip strength would force me to stop. Ill keep working on it tho, it felt much better than doing it with the bb.
90 was too light? when did you do them in lift? I usually dont do more than 105. how many steps you take?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
90 was too light? when did you do them in lift? I usually dont do more than 105. how many steps you take?
I did them after squats. I only got 5 steps on each leg before my forearms were burning like crazy and I was holding the dumbbell by my fingertips LOL.

But as far as my legs were concerned i was fine. I wanted to do 10 and 10 in one stepping but my forearms and grip failed me bad.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I did them after squats. I only got 5 steps on each leg before my forearms were burning like crazy and I was holding the dumbbell by my fingertips LOL.

But as far as my legs were concerned i was fine. I wanted to do 10 and 10 in one stepping but my forearms and grip failed me bad.
maybe use straps or hooks???

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea, great for lifts where your grip gives b4 the muscle your working. bad in the way that you dont improve your grip tho.
hmm, yea. Kinda like gloves I guess, I hate that I cant do deads without gloves. My calluses hurt soooo damn much I have to use gloves, its like I have blisters underneath the calluses.

Ill probably keep trying them out with 90's until and try to get my grip and forearm strength stronger. Im sure at first this wont benefit me, but I think If I can get my forearm and grip strength stronger it will fall into place.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a plan! do as many reps as you can, it will benefit you, good luck buddy!