Back Messages

Eruspoena

Awards
I was wondering if getting a regular back message has any advantages or disadvantages? I currently do not get back messages but I know many of the muscles are knotted. I am currently not in any pain or have had any pain in the past so I am concerned that if i start getting messages it might somehow lead to back issues. Should I be concerned?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I try to get a total body massage every month. Not only does it help with keeping my muscles from getting too knotted up and what have you, but the anti-stress benefits are amazing.

If I go longer than a month without getting a massage, I notice that I stay sore a little longer after training and my stress level is through the roof.

Eruspoena

Awards
I figured it was beneficial, I just wanted to get some advice from fellow lifters. Thanks for the response.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
i get one every 2 weeks. if i dont i notice longer recovery time is needed and i slowly start hitting plateaus in strength, because my muscles are knotted up and i cant utilize all my muscle fibers.

Eruspoena

Awards
i had not thought about it that way, that makes sense. thanks

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I found an asian place by me and I try and go once a month. The first time I went she told me how knotted my back was and at the end I was like....holy crap.....I feel so much better......and as said above....it helps me recover so much quicker.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
Love getting massages as regularly as I can afford them. I notice they really loosen things up which IMO will lead to better and more growth and stimulation of all the muscle fibers because they're not all knotted up.

cmc

cmc

Awards
Massages are the best...great for relaxing mentally and physically. Since they can be costly here is what to do. In relation the the other thread about "ungaying" yoga...this is just another step in that process. Sign up for a yoga class (try to find out before hand how many are in the class and if they are all women...most of them are.

After you get to know your the women in your class (happens quick), miss a session and then show up for the next one. State that you back has really been tight and you had to rest. Also state that you have been wanting to get your back massaged but simply cant afford the high hourly rates.

Guaranteed there will be at least half of the hippy women in the class that love to give massage(may even be massage therapists themselves) and will offer to massage your back for free. Works like a charm every time. Then say Namaste when they are done and your all set...lol.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i use to have my ex walk on my back she was amazing at it and it got it loose b4 my deadlifting day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get scar tissue/calcium deposits from old injuries (especially in the subscapular area) that can hinder my training if not massaged out. The only thing that hippies are good for is massages.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
My girl gives me back massages all the time! She'll dig her fingers in hard under my lats and she'll do my triceps too. Hamstrings are great too a day after heavy dead lifts.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i accidently cheated on my girl sooo i dont think imma be getting massages for awhile lmao

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lots of good feedback son... try it and tell us if you're sold :head:

AFOX

Awards
I found an asian place by me and I try and go once a month. The first time I went she told me how knotted my back was and at the end I was like....holy crap.....I feel so much better......and as said above....it helps me recover so much quicker.
LMAO.. Did you get a happy ending?

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
How do you accidently cheat on your girl? Lol.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

AFOX

Awards
How do you accidently cheat on your girl? Lol.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
haha.. There are several things in this thread that made me lol.

1. " back messages "

2. Asian massage

3. Accidently cheating on you're girlfriend

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
haha well.. my ex g.f soccer player pretty in shape, had a toned body no big boobs or anything.. Leave her house to visit a friend and shes talking bout how she hasnt had a b.f. in awhile etc.. she has a nice ass, big boobs. and I just couldnt help myself like aw so u havent been kissed in a while etc.. and u know just start spittin game and yeaaa made out with her etc.. and it always gets out hahaha.

o well live without regrets right?

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
when would be the best time to get one? the day of and before your back routine or after your back routine? or the day before or the day after?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i use to get my gf to give me a back massage and walk on it b4 working back like b4 taking pre workout supps it would get it soo loose.