Good excercise for armpit fat, sort of

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got some fat like underneath my arms, a little lower than my armpit, directly across from my chest.

What can I do to work out that weird area? I do lots of chest excersizes and stuff but I cant really find anything that will stretch and work that spot.

any ideas or tips?

Im already dieting and working out and stuff, so thats in check.
Will it just leave eventually if I keep it up?

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
My trainer just took my body fat and pointed out some problem areas. I have a similar issue as yours with that area and the main advice that I've got is cardio, cardio, cardio and some spot training. Basically if there is fat covering something you aren't gonna see it till your body fat drops. Sucks but, you gotta run. I've also been doing more flys, rows and chest presses.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My trainer just took my body fat and pointed out some problem areas. I have a similar issue as yours with that area and the main advice that I've got is cardio, cardio, cardio and some spot training. Basically if there is fat covering something you aren't gonna see it till your body fat drops. Sucks but, you gotta run. I've also been doing more flys, rows and chest presses.
thats cool, I do cardio 6 days a week, so i guess if I can keep my diet in check it'll come off then.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, this threads title wins the award for "Most Laughable of The Day!". I was sitting there picturing rolls of blubbler spilling from your underarm. I think you mean your triceps, right? :)

Finca's got some what of a point, but flies and rows hardly target your tris. And, that flab won't come off if you don't at least maintain LBM. Cardio can help, but if you overdo it, or undereat, you'll lose muscle as well as fat and guess what? You'll arms will get smaller and less fatty, but still look flabby because you lost muscle as well.

Want tight arms? Dips, Chinups, Deadlifts, Front Squats, Military Presses, Narrow-Grip Decline Bench. Big heavy movements - they'll work you everywhere and as long you eat enough, you're gonna replace that flab with muscle, tightening up your tris exactly as you want. A little cardio will help, but it's no coincidence that well-trained weight-lifters have a lower bodyfat than the vast amount of joggers and runners. Wanna lose fat? Diet and heavy iron.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, this threads title wins the award for "Most Laughable of The Day!". I was sitting there picturing rolls of blubbler spilling from your underarm. I think you mean your triceps, right? :)

Finca's got some what of a point, but flies and rows hardly target your tris. And, that flab won't come off if you don't at least maintain LBM. Cardio can help, but if you overdo it, or undereat, you'll lose muscle as well as fat and guess what? You'll arms will get smaller and less fatty, but still look flabby because you lost muscle as well.

Want tight arms? Dips, Chinups, Deadlifts, Front Squats, Military Presses, Narrow-Grip Decline Bench. Big heavy movements - they'll work you everywhere and as long you eat enough, you're gonna replace that flab with muscle, tightening up your tris exactly as you want. A little cardio will help, but it's no coincidence that well-trained weight-lifters have a lower bodyfat than the vast amount of joggers and runners. Wanna lose fat? Diet and heavy iron.
Naw man, I think finca had it right. Check it the pic with circled problem area.

Thats me 3 weeks in on my diet. My stomach is getting noticeably smaller which is freaking awesome.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
You cannot spot reduce fat. HST, cardio, and diet...

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
do some heavy deadlifts and t-bar rows ur lats will get muscular instead of flabby.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aha, yes, that area then would be affected by rows and somewhat by flies. Your description led me to think you were referring elsewhere. Thanks for the clarification.

As you continue to lose fat, that flab will come off. Your not low enough BF% to worry about it much - just give it time and lift hard and heavy. Grow your lats, grow your serratus, burn some bf percentage and you'll get there.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I think if you continue to work your lats, it should help with that area. Try some napalm on those areas and see if they help as well.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I think if you continue to work your lats, it should help with that area. Try some napalm on those areas and see if they help as well.
That's exactly what I was thinking, about the lats and Napalm. I used it recently and was pleased with it. That area is a problem area for me as well. I've been doing more chin-ups, and used Napalm in that area.

If your going to use Napalm, do it while your on a calorie restriction. Not taking while taking in a surplus.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's exactly what I was thinking, about the lats and Napalm. I used it recently and was pleased with it. That area is a problem area for me as well. I've been doing more chin-ups, and used Napalm in that area.

If your going to use Napalm, do it while your on a calorie restriction. Not taking while taking in a surplus.

what is napalm? can you link it to me? Ive googled it but the only crap that comes up is fire stuff LOL.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
I have a solid workout and diet schedule and I still feel that i have flab on top of my muscle. I am strong, and have mass building and strength building- style workouts. I do cardio 2x a week.

I was wondering if my "flabbiness" is caused more by my diet/(lack) of cardio, or if it is because of my style of training which utilizes heavy weights with an average of 6-8 reps per set. I know you can naturally tone out by reducing weight and increasing reps, but im just looking for any more knowledge on this subject. thanks

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a solid workout and diet schedule and I still feel that i have flab on top of my muscle. I am strong, and have mass building and strength building- style workouts. I do cardio 2x a week.

I was wondering if my "flabbiness" is caused more by my diet/(lack) of cardio, or if it is because of my style of training which utilizes heavy weights with an average of 6-8 reps per set. I know you can naturally tone out by reducing weight and increasing reps, but im just looking for any more knowledge on this subject. thanks
its probably your diet, not so much the lack of cardio.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Fasted cardio.if you can carry a bottle on your side or something, sip on some BCAAs while running.stop breaking down protein and entering into to much catabolism...

Hope that helps

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got some fat like underneath my arms, a little lower than my armpit, directly across from my chest.

What can I do to work out that weird area? I do lots of chest excersizes and stuff but I cant really find anything that will stretch and work that spot.

any ideas or tips?

Im already dieting and working out and stuff, so thats in check.
Will it just leave eventually if I keep it up?
Yup.

In the meantime, focus in on backwork to get some muscle growing there as well. As your diet causes your body to eat away fat from there, and as your lats grow, that looseness should appear to dissipate quicker (it wont be disappearing quicker, it'll just appear that way).