1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.27%

questions about hypertrophy training

Hypertrophy specific training

number one. will this seriously increase your size, like alot compaired to any other training like a 5 day split or something of that nature.
    number two. How does i work and what is a Hpertrophy training work out suppose to look like?
    number three. DOES IT WORK!

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It works as well as any other program. It's designed very well for progression. The trick to this whole game is keep your body adapting to new stimulus.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.27%

do you youself, have experience in this?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    do you youself, have experience in this?
    I've used HST before yes
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.64%

The key for hypertrophy is progression, progression, progression.

Stick to the basics (squat, bench, dead) and their variations with good form. Keep the reps lower and the weight higher and keep a log of your lifts each week so you can turn around and beat those numbers when those lifts come back up.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83%

I do hypertrophy training. What I do is 10x10 for all upper body exercises and I use dumbbells only so far. Lower body I do Squats and Dead Lifts at 4x4, 5x5, or 3x8. In the past two months I gained 5 pounds. I workout 5 days a week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday resting on Thursdays and Sundays. Sometimes I go for a 5 mile run on days off. I only do 2 exercises per workout for the same muscle group except for upper back day the third exercise that day is either Chin Ups or Bicep Curls. I would just not do any bicep and triceps exercises but I am afraid that my arms are gonna look too small for my body. But I consider Shoulder Press and Bench Press to be enough for my triceps.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83%

What is important to hypertrophy training for example when doing 10x10 and figuring out what weight to use you want to train with what you can only do for 15 reps. But when you do your 10x10 you want to drop 5 pounds when you reach a set that you get less than 10 reps during your workouts. Do that as many times as you have to throughout the 10 sets. And when you get all ten sets and reps without having to drop weight once then go 5 pounds heavier the next week on that exercise. In order to keep track of this it is best to keep a diary. All I did was make a simple grid in open office as a text document with all of the exercises and workouts listed on it. Mine is 5 columns across and 8 rows down. I keep it in a three ring binder. And just write in my progress and the date on it each workout.

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin30 View Post
    I do hypertrophy training. What I do is 10x10 for all upper body exercises and I use dumbbells only so far. Lower body I do Squats and Dead Lifts at 4x4, 5x5, or 3x8. In the past two months I gained 5 pounds. I workout 5 days a week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday resting on Thursdays and Sundays. Sometimes I go for a 5 mile run on days off. I only do 2 exercises per workout for the same muscle group except for upper back day the third exercise that day is either Chin Ups or Bicep Curls. I would just not do any bicep and triceps exercises but I am afraid that my arms are gonna look too small for my body. But I consider Shoulder Press and Bench Press to be enough for my triceps.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.01%

my legs are lagging a bit and was looking just for hypertrophy on my legs ...would it be beneficial to go about my same routine ..except every other day add in 2 sets of leg presses, 2 sets of leg extensions, and two seats of seated leg curls to whatever the workout day is...and just get rid of my leg day?? been looking into HST and this was just a thought ..anyone care to critique my thoughts?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hypertrophy Training.
    By EddyRay in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 03:42 PM
  2. Does Hypertrophy training actually work better?...
    By tapdataas in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
  3. Dual factor hypertrophy training
    By ItsHectic in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 03:58 PM
  4. HST: Hypertrophy Specific Training
    By Lifeguard in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 02:13 AM
  5. max-ot or hst?? Hypertrophy Specific Training