bulking with cardio

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
right now i am trying to bulk up and gain a decent level of cardio out put (about a 19 min 3 mile). any suggestions. but to clarify i am not trying to get huge, about 185 lbs. would be good for me.
:bruce3:
:usa2:

AllMaxBrian

Awards
All I'd suggest is making sure that you eat enough to provide enough fuel for workouts as well as growth.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i always found running as fast as i could on the treadmill for 5-6 mins always kept my cardio ability decent. when i was tryna not burn alot of calories.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
doing cardio while bulking may seem counterproductive but it boosts appetite really well

AllMaxBrian

Awards
doing cardio while bulking may seem counterproductive but it boosts appetite really well
That's true. It also keeps you in better cardiovascular shape, which a lot of people seem to ignore in the pursuit of muscle. It's great to be huge, but if I can't climb a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing, I've got bigger problems to worry about.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
right now i am trying to bulk up and gain a decent level of cardio out put (about a 19 min 3 mile). any suggestions. but to clarify i am not trying to get huge, about 185 lbs. would be good for me.
:bruce3:
:usa2:
I'm assuming you want to join the military? I ask because that's the same thing my friend and I used to do. He joined the Marines and we ran everyday no excuses.

First you have to keep your workouts separate preferably 8 hours. My friend and I worked out mid-day and then ran at night.

It'll be really hard to gain weight. I had my diet in check but I had a hard time gaining unless I upped my intake to over 5k and I couldn't do it for very long and would eventually lose it. My metabolism was extremely fast though so maybe you won't have so many problems.

Make sure not to overtrain. I wasn't doing squats back then and I can't imagine running on a day when I do squats.

I wouldn't have long workouts keep them under 45 minutes and don't rest too much. Get in and get out and eat.

Get enough sleep and you should be good.

joelast

joelast

Awards
When on a bulk I usually run 4 times a week, just make sure you getting enough food, If you not gaining weight eat more.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This is a tricky one and I think it depends on your somatotype. I'm an endomorph so I do cardio every day. I had an easy time getting bigger and stronger but it came at the price of easy fat gains as well. This approach has helped me a lot and I think it's worth it if you're a mesomorph or endomorph.

If you're an ectomorph and use this approach than make sure you're getting an abundance of calories while limiting the length of your cardio program. Just my 2CC's worth

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
just run till you wana quit... then push yourself for 5 more min.... then your done

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iceman013 Cycle Logs 6
Weight Loss 23
zach195 Bulking 26
Training Forum 23
Training Forum 32