Poll: Best tricep exercise:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Best Tricep Builder?

1. Best Tricep Builder?

Your thoughts? I do bench dips and pulldowns with the tricep rope...what works best for you?

2. What are tricep curls bro? From what i understand close grip bench press's,dips(which you mentioned)and skull crushers are king!

3. i love french presses..even better than skull crushers
    •   

4. Closing "polls"

I'm noticing good results with incline skull crushers.

5. Narrow-grip overhead BB Presses, Weighted Parallel Bar Dips
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

6. Quote Originally Posted by dizdabiz View Post
    What are tricep curls bro? From what i understand close grip bench press's,dips(which you mentioned)and skull crushers are king!
    "tricep curls" although the name resulted from misinformation from my P.E. teacher's mislabeling are laying tricep pullovers. I never did them, preferring tricep pulldowns and dips, so until now never thought about how dumb and innacurrate it was to call them that.

7. depends on which head you are working out. basically, tri means three, so there are three different equally good tricep mass builders, and the part of the tricep worked depends only on your hand position - overhand, underhand, and parallel

8. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    depends on which head you are working out. basically, tri means three, so there are three different equally good tricep mass builders, and the part of the tricep worked depends only on your hand position - overhand, underhand, and parallel
    I'm open to suggestions and always looking for improvement. Whats your tricep routine?
  9. Thumbs up

Yeah i get you now petey!

10. Quote Originally Posted by petey7408 View Post
    I'm open to suggestions and always looking for improvement. Whats your tricep routine?
    weighted dips, CG bench, reverse grip tricep pushdowns. i'm about to experiment a bit, and switch the reverse grip pushdowns for reverse grip CG bench, though i have doubts about my wrist being up for it.

11. have you guys ever tried pushups on a single medicine ball?

12. weighted dips...close grip bench press...french press...

13. Wide reversed grip bench press...decline BB skull crushers...and weighted dips...my 3 favorite

Suncloud, I have a really bad wrist, also, but reversed grip bench press doesn't hurt too too bad, just don't go extremely heavy. Just use strict form and totally focus on the triceps...that's what I do. Clean and presses absolutely crush my wrist...I just did them today, and I'm hating myself for it.

14. CG bench, rev grip bench, pullovers, dips and floor presses are my favorite.

15. Floor Press with slightly with shoulder-width (or slightly wider) grip. Limit ROM to where humerus and forearm make a 90 degree angle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Quote Originally Posted by jtp217 View Post
    CG bench, rev grip bench, pullovers, dips and floor presses are my favorite.
    helll yes i use to use all these in my routine a month or so b4 max bench for football

work up to a ORM for floor bench
    sets of 5,5,3 on rev grip bench
    Pullover with 3 sets of 10 use 25,35,45 and do em of the floor for different angles of the tri gettin hit

and burnout with dips it use to always shoot uup my bench.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Floor Press with slightly with shoulder-width (or slightly wider) grip. Limit ROM to where humerus and forearm make a 90 degree angle.
    yup those are really effective, i'd add *******s and tricep death
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Spg8rk2Ouk"]YouTube - DeFrancosTraining.com - Triceps DEATH!![/ame]

18. JM Press.

19. I like my v-bar pulldowns. weighted dips. one arm cable underhand-grip kickback. CG bench. and reverse grip flatbar pulldowns

20. Vbar pushdown
    Bench press
    Overhead dumbell press

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Vbar pushdown
    Bench press
    Overhead dumbell press
    Ha yes pushdowns. sometimes i debate the nomenclature of exercises, and the overheads are very effective when done with proper form of course

22. weighted dips & close grip declines

23. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    weighted dips, CG bench, reverse grip tricep pushdowns. i'm about to experiment a bit, and switch the reverse grip pushdowns for reverse grip CG bench, though i have doubts about my wrist being up for it.
    reverse grip bench bench on smith works. ass hanging off bench and bar hitting lower chest/upper abdomen area.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

24. Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    i love french presses..even better than skull crushers
    Agreed. I do them arnold style, sitting reverse on preacher curl bench. INSANE pumps.

25. Close grip bench and skull crushers are the best for mass.
    dips too.

kickbacks good for the horseshoe

26. I've been doing kickbacks lately to finish off my tri's. OMG do they burnout your tri's.

27. Another vote for CG Bench and RG Bench. I like skullz too. Pushdowns would be 4th on the list.

28. 2 quick noob questions:

My google searches have been ambiguous... is the correct "french press" either sitting/standing and doing a tricep extension overhead?

I do not use dips at all in my routine, and I feel like i should. Assuming you train tris the day after chest, how do you guys fit them in?

29. I don't do any kickbacks... Too much stress on my shoulders with heavy weights and it fatigues faster than my tricep will.

Half the exercises I don't know what they're called lol... Just call em what they seem to be doing.

30. my vote is for close grip or weighted dips. Dips is such a solid fundamental exercise for other parts as well
    TEAM GET DIESEL

GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

31. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Closing "polls"

I'm noticing good results with incline skull crushers.
    i second that. allows you to look at your form too!

Similar Forum Threads

1. mass builder?
    By theTOOTHPICK in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
  2. Cilf 20g Protein Builder's Bar
    By WarcraftJJS in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 10:54 AM
  3. best muscle builder/ no pct
    By flex13 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 04:04 PM
  4. Suspense Builder.....................
    By Vitruvian in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 11:50 AM
  5. Meal Builder
    By Biggs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 03:20 PM