Best Tricep Builder?

Best tricep exercise:

• Total voters
petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Your thoughts? I do bench dips and pulldowns with the tricep rope...what works best for you?

dizdabiz

Awards
What are tricep curls bro? From what i understand close grip bench press's,dips(which you mentioned)and skull crushers are king!:notworthy:

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i love french presses..even better than skull crushers

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Closing "polls" :)

I'm noticing good results with incline skull crushers.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
What are tricep curls bro? From what i understand close grip bench press's,dips(which you mentioned)and skull crushers are king!:notworthy:
"tricep curls" although the name resulted from misinformation from my P.E. teacher's mislabeling are laying tricep pullovers. I never did them, preferring tricep pulldowns and dips, so until now never thought about how dumb and innacurrate it was to call them that.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
depends on which head you are working out. basically, tri means three, so there are three different equally good tricep mass builders, and the part of the tricep worked depends only on your hand position - overhand, underhand, and parallel :)

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
depends on which head you are working out. basically, tri means three, so there are three different equally good tricep mass builders, and the part of the tricep worked depends only on your hand position - overhand, underhand, and parallel :)
I'm open to suggestions and always looking for improvement. Whats your tricep routine?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I'm open to suggestions and always looking for improvement. Whats your tricep routine?
weighted dips, CG bench, reverse grip tricep pushdowns. i'm about to experiment a bit, and switch the reverse grip pushdowns for reverse grip CG bench, though i have doubts about my wrist being up for it.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
have you guys ever tried pushups on a single medicine ball?

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
weighted dips...close grip bench press...french press...

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Wide reversed grip bench press...decline BB skull crushers...and weighted dips...my 3 favorite

Suncloud, I have a really bad wrist, also, but reversed grip bench press doesn't hurt too too bad, just don't go extremely heavy. Just use strict form and totally focus on the triceps...that's what I do. Clean and presses absolutely crush my wrist...I just did them today, and I'm hating myself for it.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
CG bench, rev grip bench, pullovers, dips and floor presses are my favorite.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Floor Press with slightly with shoulder-width (or slightly wider) grip. Limit ROM to where humerus and forearm make a 90 degree angle.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
CG bench, rev grip bench, pullovers, dips and floor presses are my favorite.
helll yes i use to use all these in my routine a month or so b4 max bench for football

work up to a ORM for floor bench
sets of 5,5,3 on rev grip bench
Pullover with 3 sets of 10 use 25,35,45 and do em of the floor for different angles of the tri gettin hit

and burnout with dips it use to always shoot uup my bench.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Floor Press with slightly with shoulder-width (or slightly wider) grip. Limit ROM to where humerus and forearm make a 90 degree angle.
yup those are really effective, i'd add lockouts and tricep death
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Spg8rk2Ouk"]YouTube - DeFrancosTraining.com - Triceps DEATH!![/ame]

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I like my v-bar pulldowns. weighted dips. one arm cable underhand-grip kickback. CG bench. and reverse grip flatbar pulldowns

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Vbar pushdown
Bench press
Overhead dumbell press
Ha yes pushdowns. sometimes i debate the nomenclature of exercises, and the overheads are very effective when done with proper form of course

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
weighted dips, CG bench, reverse grip tricep pushdowns. i'm about to experiment a bit, and switch the reverse grip pushdowns for reverse grip CG bench, though i have doubts about my wrist being up for it.
reverse grip bench bench on smith works. ass hanging off bench and bar hitting lower chest/upper abdomen area.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Close grip bench and skull crushers are the best for mass.
dips too.

kickbacks good for the horseshoe

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing kickbacks lately to finish off my tri's. OMG do they burnout your tri's.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for CG Bench and RG Bench. I like skullz too. Pushdowns would be 4th on the list.

pjdk28

Awards
2 quick noob questions:

My google searches have been ambiguous... is the correct "french press" either sitting/standing and doing a tricep extension overhead?

I do not use dips at all in my routine, and I feel like i should. Assuming you train tris the day after chest, how do you guys fit them in?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't do any kickbacks... Too much stress on my shoulders with heavy weights and it fatigues faster than my tricep will.

Half the exercises I don't know what they're called lol... Just call em what they seem to be doing.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my vote is for close grip or weighted dips. Dips is such a solid fundamental exercise for other parts as well