New to working out

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

New to working out

I'll start off with the info... I'm 5'10", 155-160 at 22. I've been doing the basic variations of pushups, situps and curls each day over the past few weeks to try and get a little base going. Now it's time to get serious about my workout. I've joined a gym and I'm looking to not only gain weight and mass in my chest and arms, but remain somewhat cut up, especially around the abs. Is this possible to achieve?

As far as supplements, I bought muscle milk for protein and was looking into Ragnarok as a pre-workout supplement. What else should I look into as far as post-workout?

Before anyone asks, my diet is sporadic, but I generally get my recommended caloric and protein intake every day.

Allright I hope I covered everything... Any tips to help the newbie out?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dCs View Post
    I'll start off with the info... I'm 5'10", 155-160 at 22. I've been doing the basic variations of pushups, situps and curls each day over the past few weeks to try and get a little base going. Now it's time to get serious about my workout. I've joined a gym and I'm looking to not only gain weight and mass in my chest and arms, but remain somewhat cut up, especially around the abs. Is this possible to achieve?

As far as supplements, I bought muscle milk for protein and was looking into Ragnarok as a pre-workout supplement. What else should I look into as far as post-workout?

Before anyone asks, my diet is sporadic, but I generally get my recommended caloric and protein intake every day.

Allright I hope I covered everything... Any tips to help the newbie out?
    crap man, where to start? diet is key, that's why we always ask. yuo asked a very unspecific question. what's your training like?
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.66%

Deadlift's and squat's will get you a huge chest and massive biceps with a chizzeled six pack as long as your diet is in check.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%

I'd recommend a lot of compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, rows, and bench press. Post-workout you can just pick up some whey and whatever carbs you like. I'd recommend speaking to someone at your gym who seems knowledgeable, that may help you as well.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

quick question. how long have been doing what your currently doing? you said you just joined a gym. how long have you been on the same routine? what is your routine?
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%

whats your routine, daily calorie intake, is diet in check? if not start there, hit the compound lifts up first get your body into it then throw in a couple iso moves. hopefully you didnt open the muscle milk up cuz i remember it being expensive when i started lifting so hopefully you can return it for some cheap whey protein or something different, you dont need a pre workout ragnarok return that too not needed you gotta first learn how to lift before you can throw in the supplements man get training down first and then step up
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%

Also here are some links to other threads that you can check out
    Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell)

The Ectomorph Workout

The Master Thread: Cutting
    This last one will help you stay lean if you want your abs to show. but when it comes to putting on weight and size the only thing you need besides a gym is mass amounts of food!! clean healthy foods
  8. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Since Ragnarok contains so many bonuses like anti-oxidants, adaptogens, and electrolytes (just to name a few)...I don't so much know that I would promote returning it.

Drop the curls that you were doing and start focusing on fully body movements. Things like cleans, snatches, jerks, squats, DL's, and Bench should get your body to a solid BASE within a few months....then you can toy with different routines.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. PH not working for me?
    By lilseth0014 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
  2. this is not working, can you help
    By ShockCollar in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. WHY IS M1T NOT WORKING FOR ME