Good chest workout!

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I'm posting this for the sake of posting it. It's nothing new or anything, it's just what I've been doing lately and I've been enjoying it a lot. I had hit a plateau with my bench strength but was able to slide past it with this routine. I've been doing it once a week (once every seven days).

Warm-ups (However you like 'em)

Barbell Bench Press 8, 5, 3 (Rest 1-1.5 minutes)
Then do 4-5 sets of 1 rep of a maximum weight with a 15-20 second rests
Finish barbell bench press with the weight you did for the set of 8 reps

Four sets of Incline DB Press and DB Pullover superset
For incline presses I keep rep range between 6-8, for pullovers, 10-12

It's great because the pullovers really stretch out the pecs and leave you feeling great afterwards, even though it's pretty tough during.

Sometimes I finish off with a set of light flyes to stretch out even further. And after my chest workout, I continue to do series of flexes and stretches, ending with a lot of stretching!

So far, in terms of what I'm repping, it's helped me put about 10lbs on my bench press in about two weeks. Not bad. You might think this is a crap workout, too much volume, or whatever, but it's working for me.

P.S.- My chest is the hardest part for me to train, due to genetics mainly, so any time I see progress I get excited. :D

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, as long as this routine is working for you thats all that matters. For me its all about listening to my body and seeing what it likes instead of what everybody else is doing or says I should be doing.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
its always nice to hear what others are doing and try new things out. ive been doin things different myself and been really able to feel different parts of my chest working. good to hear thats working for ya. might try it later this wk. also on the barbell bench for 4-5 set maxes... do you up it each time or stay the same weight for each max?

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
its always nice to hear what others are doing and try new things out. ive been doin things different myself and been really able to feel different parts of my chest working. good to hear thats working for ya. might try it later this wk. also on the barbell bench for 4-5 set maxes... do you up it each time or stay the same weight for each max?
The first week I tried this I continually increased the weight by 5lbs each set. Last week I kept to a constant weight.

This upcoming week I'm going to try increasing the weight each set, but have it to where I eventually surpass my maximum weight used last week, probably on the last set. Maybe I can get some momentum going. Makes you feel really powerful. And when you go back to repping out lighter weights, you feel great.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a plan. when your not lifting as heavy, on bench days go with the guilitein bench press. lighter weigh more reps. more towards your neck area when you go down. youll feel it all across your chest. i work out just about every day and dont get sore that often but when i did these i did. first set was 25 then 4 sets of 15 or so. it kills the chest. dont need to go that heavy. we are close to same size and i did 135 for first set. try it out sometime.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
warm ups what ever you want for chest
(warm up just the bar for a set) barbell bench press 185x12, 205x8, 225x6, 230x4
dips 2 sets to failure
incline flys superset with pec-deck flys
incline DB 4x12
Decline flys superset with decline db press
once i started this never seen such great results may think its a shitty workout but i get stronger every workout!