Scared to do ABS, potassium no help

sincereplan

sincereplan

Awards
I set myself up to do crunches after my 1hr routine and sure as hell my stomach starts to cramp up. Its so bad i have to stop because i feel as if my stomach is going to explode. I've tried potassium supplements and or bananas to no avail - any suggestions highly regarded and appreciated. :irked:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What happens when you do abs at the beginning of your routine?

sincereplan

sincereplan

Awards
At the onset of doing abs, i can say i get about 1 to 2 sets in of about 15 (hanging, crunch, or ab machine) before i have to completely stop? Any ideas.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
I sometimes get a cramp in my stomach when I start abs. Have you tried warming up as with any other muscle group you would work? i'm sure to get a full stretch in there to make sure nothing cramps up. If I do feel my abs are getting close to cramping I slow my reps down and really concentrate on form and contraction. Do you take a multi daily?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At the onset of doing abs, i can say i get about 1 to 2 sets in of about 15 (hanging, crunch, or ab machine) before i have to completely stop? Any ideas.
Actually, I was asking more along the lines of wondering if you felt a difference if you started your entire routine with abs vs. doing them after everything else. I asked because you specifically said you do them last in your initial post.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have actually been having the same problem lately man but I know mine stems from a strain in my abdominal muscle that I got while deadlifting. I have been using a trigger wheel to break up any scar tissue in the area as well as stretching my abs before training by laying over an exercise ball. If you can afford it try ordering some Jacks Blue Heat and applying that to your mid section before training. Shot me a PM if you want a link to that stuff. Finally you can try using taurine before lifting, but that seems to be hit or miss with me so far.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally you can try using taurine before lifting, but that seems to be hit or miss with me so far.
I was sort of thinking that too. In my experience, I find taurine more effective when lots of weird bodyparts are cramping though. I had an instance where I had biceps and rotator cuff cramping for example. I was like WTF? It took a good 10g per day to help clear it up. 4-6g maintance works well too for me, and is super cheap for the benefits IMO.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i use to have the same problem make sure u have carbs b4 workout and alot of water if u take a pre workout even if u dont feel dehydrated you are.