Another overtraining question

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
If you were trying to cut as much bf as you possibly could, would you worry about overtraining? Currently I lift 6 days a week in the afternoon, and I do cardio or pushups/abs in the morning I have been on this routine for two weeks and even though I am real tired at night I feel pretty good in the morning I hit each body part twice a week.

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
hell yeah i would be worrying about overtraining. if your cutting then your not getting in enought calories to support muscle growth so if your overtraining the muscles then youll probably lose some which is not what you want. get back to one body part a week and don't try to do to much to quick as u don't wanna lose muscle. remember to take your aminos while lifting and cardio as this will help with not losing muscle. good luck!!!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention, you will wreak havoc on your CNS and make yourself sick.

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
any advice on what type of routine I should try? I hit the gym while I am at work and Cardio in the mornings Thursday is my only day off so that is also the only rest day I have. My current routine looks like this

Day 1 Legs/Abs
Day 2 Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Day 3 Back/Bis/Forearms
then repeat and take Thursdays off

I don't want to overtrain but I want to make the most of my time.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
jeez dude. You must be a machine.

When i'm on calorie deficit (which i currently am), I find it hard recovering from lifting 4 times a week, let alone 6. Anyways, my routine is 4 times a week lifting and 3 times a week HIIT cardio.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
effective 4 day split

day 1: chest/tris
day 2: legs/calves
day 3: back/bis
day 4; shoulders/traps
day 5; (optional) whatever you feel you need extra work on

Flyers2385

Awards
effective 4 day split

day 1: chest/tris
day 2: legs/calves
day 3: back/bis
day 4; shoulders/traps
day 5; (optional) whatever you feel you need extra work on
I don't like doing tris on chest day or biceps on back day because it isn't as effective as doing them alone to build strength for me. It is a matter of preference and how your body responds to training.

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
I don't like doing tris on chest day or biceps on back day because it isn't as effective as doing them alone to build strength for me. It is a matter of preference and how your body responds to training.
So would you do Chest/Bis then Back/Tris?

I don't like to have a day dedicated to just arms, I prefer to work a large mussle group with the smaller ones