best number of rep,series and exercize when cutting

pocketboy

Awards
hello there,

I would like to know what's the best number of rep, series and exercize for each muscle group while cutting ?

Also, I've a scale which it's supposed to measure bodyfat and dry weight of the body. I've lost 2.5kg during the 3 days I started (I'm not fat at all, just don't like to be even a little fatty).
But the problem is, the scale tell me I lost 2kg of muscle !!! is it possible to burn my muscle that fast ? And I tried to eat plenty of protein, just diminish carbs.

Thanks

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
when cutting I use high weight low reps so i keep my strength

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But the problem is, the scale tell me I lost 2kg of muscle !!! is it possible to burn my muscle that fast ? And I tried to eat plenty of protein, just diminish carbs.

Thanks
glycogen + water loss

pocketboy

Awards
ok, it's not really "muscle fiber" degradation ?

and is it a good sign ?

Also, how many is "low rep" for you ? and how many series and exercize each muscle grp

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how does your scale differentiate muscle from fat? The only way to properly read BF, like overall body fat, is in those submersion tanks. I wouldn't put too much faith in those scales. It's using a basic formula to calculate and has no idea how much muscle mass you have.

Are you in ketosis? How much have you depleted carbs? If you have drastically reduced them then yes I doubt you have much muscle 'fibre' loss, but it's mostly water and glycogen which is stored in the muscle via carb intake. Nothing to worry about. Go by what the mirror tells you and you can't lose that way ;) Unless you can get to a university to use their submersion tanks to read your true BMI/BFI.

pocketboy

Awards
I didn't really measured, but yes, first days I really depleted carbs, but only for 2 days, 2 kg of muscle in two days, that sound really to much, and I don't think i'm less muscular (well just little bit)

and about training, still 6-8 rep/set (I follow MAX OT, but with 6-8 rep not 4-6), thanks

Also, max ot cardio, (16 min intense running) is it good ?