Rate my workout!

1. Rate my workout!

Hey everyone,

I am new to this board and have been enjoying what i've read thus far. There appears to be quite a few knowledgeable people on this board. I figured it was time to post on here.

Although i'm new here, I am by no means new to bodybuilding/training. I'm in no way training to be a competitive bodybuilder jsut really enjoy workingout and creating a better mind/body. I wanted to get some input on my current workout regimen. Let me start with my stats:

27 years old
    188lbs
    6 feet 1 inch

Goals: Drop bodyfat which is currently around 10% while maintaining as much LBM as possible. Ideally, I would like to be a solid 195lbs.

Diet:
    Bfast-Eggwhite omelete with spinach/green peppers and onions w/3 slices of bacon
    Mid-Morning snack-Protein bar with 32 grams of protein.
    Lunch-Chicken Breast with a veggie
    Workout
    Post Workout Shake-40grams whey
    Dinner-Chicken Breast/Steak or Salmon with a veggie or brown rice.

Supplements:
    Hyperdrol/Mass FX stack
    Animal Pak/1 pak a day
    Omega 3's with fishoil
    Purple Wraath BCAA's throughout the day and pre-intra-post workout
    Whey protein post workout

Workout

Monday-Deadlifts/Leg Extensions/Calf Raises

Deads-5 sets of 10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Leg Extensions-Same rep and set range as deads
    Calves-Same as the other.

Tuesday-Chest/Tri's

Flat Bench- 5 sets of 10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Incline Bench-Same rep and set range as above

Dumbell Fly's-Same as others

Dips-Same as above
    Tricep Pushdows-Same as above

Wednesday-Back/Bi's

Behind-Neck-Pulldowns-reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Front Lat Pulldowns-Same as above

Low Pulley Row-Same as above

Low Back extensions-4 sets of 15 reps

Barbell Arm Curls-10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Preacher curls w/either dumbbells or EZ curlbar-Same as above
    Incline Seated Dumbbell curls-Same as above

Thursday-Shoulders/Traps

Barbell shoulder Press 10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Upright Rows 10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Side Delt Raises-4 sets of 10
    Front Delt Raises-3 sets of 10
    Bent-over Rear Delt-4 sets of 10

Shrugs-10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Friday-Squats

Squats-10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

Stiff Legged Deadlifts-4 sets of 10

Leg Curls-3 sets of 10

Calf Raises 10/8/6/4 reps with the 5th set completed immediatly after the 4th set with half the weight of the 4th set till failure.

In addition to lifting, I do 20 minutes of cardio atleast 4x a week after lifting. I alternate between running on the treadmill/stair stepper/precor machines. I shoot for a target heart rate of 150-160 BPMs. I also do abs 3 days a week.

Let me know what you guys think of this workout to really kick some ass and grow! I know all my success is based on diet and training intensity.

Thanks for any input!

Jared

2. Gave your workout a cursory review, seems like 25 sets for chest is a lot to do. Personally since you are cutting, I'd do more reps per set but would a few less sets overall. Your diet is good, might actually need a few more carbs with all the activity you are doing with weights and cardio plus the supplements you are taking. Good luck with your program, and happy results!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. rate my workout
    By R1balla in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 03:49 PM
  2. Please rate my workout or recommend another
    By SuppKnight in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 04:57 PM
  3. Rate my workout!
    By RickWolves in forum Training Forum