- 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
- 01-28-2009, 10:30 PM
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Oh man basketball is intense, that used to be my only cardio. It got me really really ripped up. I'm going to start swimming on days when I'm not balling (so i can heal i guess basketball makes me really sore)... this is all in like march when i plan on cutting..
01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
basketball is awesome cardio. Well it's aerobic and anaerobic.
But why before lifting? Warming up is one thing (like a 5 - 10 min walk) but intense cardio just wears you out.
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
02-06-2009, 01:40 AM
tru, well any intense cardio before lifting negatively impacts the lifting simply because it burns a lot of glycogen and fatigue the muscles. warming up is different though, like 5 - 10 mins of power walking or light jogging will warm up the muscles and wont use a great deal of glycogen.
if your using basketball as cardio to burn fat or gain fitness etc., i'd say do it on a different day to weightlifting. Because basketball more or less is a form of HIIT if you're playing a proper game. So you need to be fuelled for it.
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
02-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By QUICKRYDE in forum Sports TalkReplies: 2Last Post: 12-08-2005, 09:41 PM
- By italionstallion in forum Sports TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
- By QUICKRYDE in forum Sports TalkReplies: 19Last Post: 11-24-2005, 06:12 AM
- By good_guye28 in forum Sports TalkReplies: 25Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:40 PM
- By rhatid in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:54 PM