basketball

istal

Awards
I was just wondering is basketball a good enough cardio before lifting?

davez325

davez325

Awards
I dont see why not. I try to vary exercises as much as possible. Anything to get me sweating!

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Oh man basketball is intense, that used to be my only cardio. It got me really really ripped up. I'm going to start swimming on days when I'm not balling (so i can heal i guess basketball makes me really sore)... this is all in like march when i plan on cutting..

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
basketball is awesome cardio. Well it's aerobic and anaerobic.

But why before lifting? Warming up is one thing (like a 5 - 10 min walk) but intense cardio just wears you out.

istal

Awards
well i lift in a football thing and before i play around with other people for a lil bit

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
well i lift in a football thing and before i play around with other people for a lil bit

tru, well any intense cardio before lifting negatively impacts the lifting simply because it burns a lot of glycogen and fatigue the muscles. warming up is different though, like 5 - 10 mins of power walking or light jogging will warm up the muscles and wont use a great deal of glycogen.

if your using basketball as cardio to burn fat or gain fitness etc., i'd say do it on a different day to weightlifting. Because basketball more or less is a form of HIIT if you're playing a proper game. So you need to be fuelled for it.

Knewsance

Awards
basketball would be a hell of an exercise soccer would be nice too