- 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
- 01-28-2009, 10:30 PM
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Oh man basketball is intense, that used to be my only cardio. It got me really really ripped up. I'm going to start swimming on days when I'm not balling (so i can heal i guess basketball makes me really sore)... this is all in like march when i plan on cutting..
01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
basketball is awesome cardio. Well it's aerobic and anaerobic.
But why before lifting? Warming up is one thing (like a 5 - 10 min walk) but intense cardio just wears you out.
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
02-06-2009, 01:40 AM
tru, well any intense cardio before lifting negatively impacts the lifting simply because it burns a lot of glycogen and fatigue the muscles. warming up is different though, like 5 - 10 mins of power walking or light jogging will warm up the muscles and wont use a great deal of glycogen.
if your using basketball as cardio to burn fat or gain fitness etc., i'd say do it on a different day to weightlifting. Because basketball more or less is a form of HIIT if you're playing a proper game. So you need to be fuelled for it.
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
02-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By lennoxchi in forum General ChatReplies: 16Last Post: 01-22-2010, 07:16 PM
- By Ligonozrk in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
- By Ligonozrk in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
- By rampage jackson in forum Sports TalkReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2007, 10:47 PM
- By rhatid in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:54 PM