my current workout routine

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.16%

my current workout routine

I currently try to lift weights 3 days a week. I used to do 4 days, but I was getting worn out and I'm busy with my job and long drive.

My workout consists of several exercises. I try to do a whole body workout, so I'll do one exercise for biceps, one for triceps, one for shoulders, one for hamstrings, one for quads, etc.

I also do a little ab work, like crunches and leg raises. I do leg raises to work the lower abs, as those are not visible at all. At least the top four abs are somewhat visible.

I do 3 or 4 sets of each exercise. Then when I work out a couple days later, I might work my biceps again, but will do a different type of curl (i.e. concentration, hammer, standing) to prevent my muscles from becoming "too used to" one particular exercise.

I currently do medium weight and medium reps. I tried heavy weights/low reps for a while, but I have to be careful because of chronic neck pain. Because of the pain, I actually did low weights/high reps for a little while.

By the way, I warm up before lifting weights by doing stuff like arm circles, body twists, lunges without weights, and a few pushups. Then after lifting weights, I do static stretching to prevent sore muscles and hopefully increase flexibility.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.38%

I'm just surfing the forums and I'm not trying to be a smart ass but is there supposed to be a question in here or are you starting a log?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.33%

Quote Originally Posted by halflife3 View Post
    I currently try to lift weights 3 days a week. I used to do 4 days, but I was getting worn out and I'm busy with my job and long drive.

My workout consists of several exercises. I try to do a whole body workout, so I'll do one exercise for biceps, one for triceps, one for shoulders, one for hamstrings, one for quads, etc.

I also do a little ab work, like crunches and leg raises. I do leg raises to work the lower abs, as those are not visible at all. At least the top four abs are somewhat visible.

I do 3 or 4 sets of each exercise. Then when I work out a couple days later, I might work my biceps again, but will do a different type of curl (i.e. concentration, hammer, standing) to prevent my muscles from becoming "too used to" one particular exercise.

I currently do medium weight and medium reps. I tried heavy weights/low reps for a while, but I have to be careful because of chronic neck pain. Because of the pain, I actually did low weights/high reps for a little while.

By the way, I warm up before lifting weights by doing stuff like arm circles, body twists, lunges without weights, and a few pushups. Then after lifting weights, I do static stretching to prevent sore muscles and hopefully increase flexibility.
    Don't do a full body workout three days a week when you're trying to bulk up.

Split it up something like this (just an example)
    Day 1: Legs
    Day 2: off
    Day 3: Chest & triceps
    Day 4: off
    Day 5: Back & Biceps

On your legs day, you will need to start off doing squats. There isn't much way around that if you want to grow. On your chest day include bench, and do deadlift on your back day. Focus on the compound movements. THIS IS NOT THE EXACT WAY YOU HAVE TO DO IT!!!!!!!!! look around and find a program that you like, but keep the body parts split up.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

he is looking for a critique.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

i would do a 5x5 if your trying to bulk up. its worked nicely so far for me!

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Current Routine
    By The Neck in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
  2. How often should I do cardio with my current routine?
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 11:41 AM
  3. Please give advice on my current routine! (bulking)
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 08:11 AM
  4. Critique my current routine
    By KingMeso in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 01:07 PM