my current workout routine

halflife3

halflife3

Awards
I currently try to lift weights 3 days a week. I used to do 4 days, but I was getting worn out and I'm busy with my job and long drive.

My workout consists of several exercises. I try to do a whole body workout, so I'll do one exercise for biceps, one for triceps, one for shoulders, one for hamstrings, one for quads, etc.

I also do a little ab work, like crunches and leg raises. I do leg raises to work the lower abs, as those are not visible at all. At least the top four abs are somewhat visible.

I do 3 or 4 sets of each exercise. Then when I work out a couple days later, I might work my biceps again, but will do a different type of curl (i.e. concentration, hammer, standing) to prevent my muscles from becoming "too used to" one particular exercise.

I currently do medium weight and medium reps. I tried heavy weights/low reps for a while, but I have to be careful because of chronic neck pain. Because of the pain, I actually did low weights/high reps for a little while.

By the way, I warm up before lifting weights by doing stuff like arm circles, body twists, lunges without weights, and a few pushups. Then after lifting weights, I do static stretching to prevent sore muscles and hopefully increase flexibility.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I'm just surfing the forums and I'm not trying to be a smart ass but is there supposed to be a question in here or are you starting a log?

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I currently try to lift weights 3 days a week. I used to do 4 days, but I was getting worn out and I'm busy with my job and long drive.

My workout consists of several exercises. I try to do a whole body workout, so I'll do one exercise for biceps, one for triceps, one for shoulders, one for hamstrings, one for quads, etc.

I also do a little ab work, like crunches and leg raises. I do leg raises to work the lower abs, as those are not visible at all. At least the top four abs are somewhat visible.

I do 3 or 4 sets of each exercise. Then when I work out a couple days later, I might work my biceps again, but will do a different type of curl (i.e. concentration, hammer, standing) to prevent my muscles from becoming "too used to" one particular exercise.

I currently do medium weight and medium reps. I tried heavy weights/low reps for a while, but I have to be careful because of chronic neck pain. Because of the pain, I actually did low weights/high reps for a little while.

By the way, I warm up before lifting weights by doing stuff like arm circles, body twists, lunges without weights, and a few pushups. Then after lifting weights, I do static stretching to prevent sore muscles and hopefully increase flexibility.
Don't do a full body workout three days a week when you're trying to bulk up.

Split it up something like this (just an example)
Day 1: Legs
Day 2: off
Day 3: Chest & triceps
Day 4: off
Day 5: Back & Biceps

On your legs day, you will need to start off doing squats. There isn't much way around that if you want to grow. On your chest day include bench, and do deadlift on your back day. Focus on the compound movements. THIS IS NOT THE EXACT WAY YOU HAVE TO DO IT!!!!!!!!! look around and find a program that you like, but keep the body parts split up.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
he is looking for a critique.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i would do a 5x5 if your trying to bulk up. its worked nicely so far for me! :)