Give me a good back routine

  1. Give me a good back routine


    Hey can you guys give me a good back routine? I dont train the back much. I actually like how it looks though.. maybe I should keep doing what I do.

    But my back days have no structure I just randomly pic back exorcises and do them in any order. Again I am getting results though....

    Anyways I still wanna hear some routines. Preferably with no deadlifts I am not doing them currently and not sure if I ever will.


  2. Deads are key... but:

    Pullups
    Standing Rows
    Deads
    Low Row OR DB Row
    Cable Snow Angels
    Single Arm Lat Pulldowns

    All favorites of mine. You want to rotate exercises in and out of course.

  3. well thats a bad start with no deads in there, heres mine i have 2 switch off every other week and always change up the exercises but heres 2 of my faves
    Week 1:
    Wide grip pullups 2 sets to failure
    close grip pulldowns 4x12,10,10,8
    Seated pulley 4x12,10,10,8
    Deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6
    Week 2:
    regular pullups 2 sets to failure
    wide grip pulldowns 4x12,10,10,8
    Barbell bent over row 4x12,10,10,8
    Mid Back Shrugs 4x20,15,12,10
    Deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

    Some people will say they dont like my routine or its not good or too much work just w.e. but hey i could care less im getting results never been happier with my routine knowing im working all over and getting bigger!! but its w.e works for you man but seriously you need deadlifts!!
    •   
       


  4. Deadlifts are the sh*t... If you're too lazy to lift big - there's always aerobics.

    I've heard a million excuses for not doing them, and 98% of the time it makes no sense.

  5. Ive been breaking it down like this....lower/upper

    Lower:
    deads (not saying deads are lower, but I do them first regardless)
    good mornings
    superset: machine back extensions / weighted hypers

    Upper:
    weighted WG pullups
    WG lat pulldowns
    DB row
    rev. grib lat pulldown (light and 30+ reps)

  6. goodness....thank u! I posted or started a thread about deads/squats.

    I honestly believe if someone during the night came and stole all the squat machines and deadlift pits from gyms all over the nation, I would bet about 5% of lifters would say something....the other 95% would be like "sweet, more room to do conc curls.



    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Deadlifts are the sh*t... If you're too lazy to lift big - there's always aerobics.

    I've heard a million excuses for not doing them, and 98% of the time it makes no sense.

  7. week 1
    deads
    pull ups (weighted)
    t-bar rows

    week 2
    suitcase deads (with dumbells)
    chin ups (weighted, wide grip)
    barbell rows

    feel free to add to this, but not to take away.

  8. Deadlifts

    Wide Grip pullups
    Bent Over BB rows
    cable rows
    T bar row

    there are a ton of stuff you can do for back man just make sure your hitting all regions.

  9. dead lifts are better than sex
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Please give advice on my current routine! (bulking)
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 07:11 AM
  2. maybe you guys can give some good advice
    By Spartanlb11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 07:16 AM
  3. Check my PCT and give me some feed back please.
    By itr1416 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 09:38 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 02:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Log in
Log in