confused on shoes?

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
i dont know what kind of shoes to wear or to buy for the gym. i do normal training squat bench dead aux. also oly lifts alot. but now im starting to train for strongman comp. i usually use nike shox, but for legs and oly i use new balance shoes so would lifting shoes be good for strongman training or should i get some like work boots for that?

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
thanks yeah i was reading that eariler thats what got me thinking. but would chucks be good for the strongman training? i was thinking chucks. id have to order online for a 15 and they look really narrow

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I love my vibram five fingers kso, all black.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I've been lifting for over a year with a pair of KSwiss similar to these: http://www.kswiss.com/item/50.45/02112-147/Men/Footwear_Traditional_Tennis/Pro_C/White_Platinum.html
When I squat I notice my knees wabble - not very stable.

I also have a pair of Adidas wrestling shoes similar to these: http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3155205&shopGroup=R&cp=2019627.2039609.2039613.2012807&colorId=
Mine don't have the velcro strap. I'm going to give these a try next time I squat and see if I get better results.

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
Nike's FREE model, closest thing to barefoot you will get.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Olympic weightlifting shoes work wonders. I have a pair of last years Addidas Adistar.. love em

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Everyone, thanks for the info on shoes!

I took my pair of wrestling shoes to the gym yesterday since it was leg day. The flatter soles made a huge difference, in fact I was able to add an extra 40 lbs to my squat without having my knees wiggle all over the place.

Thank you again.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I don't have to worry about what shoes I wear in the gym, so I just wear these every day, heh.