Critique my lifting regimen

SFW

SFW

Awards
Hey guys... I'm new to the board here but I've been lifting for a little over 3 years (consistently). For a long time i was lifting strictly for size. Now, I'm more interested in muscle maturity and development as a whole.

Anyways, I've recently switched to alternating between light and heavy days.
-On light days i normally do around 16 sets per muscle group (4 exercises of 4 sets). My sets normally go something like reps of 15, 12, 10, 8. Increasing weight and decreasing reps.
-On heavy days I train higher intensity. Usually up to about 85% of 1rm. I do 12 sets per muscle group (4 exercises of 3 sets). These go for reps of 10, 8, and 6. If i complete the 3rd set ill normally move up weight and do a set of 4.

My split looks like this:
Legs/Core
Chest/Bis
Back/Forearms
and Shoulders/Tris

I've experimented quite a bit and this split seems to work best for me. So what do you guys think of a routine like this? Im especially looking for help on the light/heavy aspect...

Glad to be a part of AM! :head:

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently doing pretty much the same split. chest/bi's, legs, shouldrs/tri's, back/traps. It's been working very well for me. I personally don't have any imput on the light/heavy aspect of your routine as I haven't really done it. I keep most of my sets/reps at 3x8-12.