Some workout questions...from a newbie

skinnymachine

Awards
Hey guys, I literally just started working out for the first time yesterday morning. First, a quick overview. I am a 22 year old student, 5'11, 153 lbs. I am what you would call skinny fat, skinny legs, arms, no chest definition, and have a small belly. Right now all I have to workout with is a set of 1-50 powerblocks which I have set up a small workout plan with for the time being from what knowledge I gathered from reading these forums and others straight for the past week. I have a few questions regarding my plan, and concerning the weight I am lifting.
--------
I plan on working out Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday in the AM. I'm doing 3x8 with these lifts(With dumbells)
3x8 Floor Press(I don't have a bench)
3x8 Dumbbell Squats(These were killer, felt dizzy doing them)
3x8 Shoulder Press
3x8 Dumbbell Deadlifts(Not sure if I was doing these correctly, but I definitely felt it in my legs)
3x8 Dips(On the edge of my bedframe)
3x8 Dumbbell Rows(I do 3x8 for each arm)
------
Anyway, onto my questions. I am supplementing with Creatine Mono, Fish Oil, an ADAM multi, ON Fish Oil, and ON whey(Eventually going to go for Scivation whey) Does this look good? Anything I might add for a beginner bulking? Also, I am incredibly weak, as in I used 25lbs for every exercise. On some of the exercises I couldn't get fully done(The shoulder press I failed on my 3x6 on my right arm, and 3x2 on my left.) Also, the squats were really difficult, I tried to get ass to the grass all the way through, but I didn't get all the way down near the end.

So yeah, I am incredibly weak and am incredibly sore today all over. I know i'm probably going to experience some DOMS, so would I wait till that ends to workout again, or do I work through the pain? Also, should I change up the weights as I move to each exercise? I know I should be able to squat a lot more, but it's really hard to keep form with higher weights. I just want to gain some mass, and stay focused. I am sure I had other questions but I can't remember them now, so I will post when I remember them. Thanks guys!

Also, I am keeping an eye out on craigslist for an Oly bar, Squat rack, and a flat bench. I will definitely go that route(and sell the powerblocks) as soon as I find a good deal.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
rest up. first day of total body is a nightmare. expect 5 days off the first time you do this. eventually, you'll get up to doing this 3x per week.

skinnymachine

Awards
rest up. first day of total body is a nightmare. expect 5 days off the first time you do this. eventually, you'll get up to doing this 3x per week.
Yeah, I woke up this morning and I could barely sit on the toilet without falling over. How long should I wait before I workout again? Till i'm completely fine, or till I can sit on the toilet without cringing? :dump:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
depends on how much you eat. if you are eating 6 high protein meals a day balanced with fats and carbs, just give it a few days. if you're eating like a "normal" person, give it 5-7 days

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
total body will do you wonders, it just takes time to get adjusted to what you're doing to your body.

mzeitler11

Awards
I would say start the whey ASAP and because you are new and starting out I would try some glutamine to help you recover quicker. Your on the right track