I have been lifting for hypertrophy for almost two years now, and I need a break from that. I would like to start a new strength program. I've never really done one before, although I have played with 3-5 rep schemes in the past. So here are some points to keep in mind.
* I can guarantee at least 3 days in the gym and at times even 5. However, I think picking a 4 day split would be where I could be most consistent.
* I am recovering from a medial miniscus tear in my right knee.
* I have slight left elbow issues. Just some funky feelings and random joint soreness.
* I would like to incorporate some Power/Olympic lifts here and there. Although I haven't done any, I am open to trying new things. The power clean is definitely something I want to incorporate.
* My main motivation for this strength program is to improve total body strength to have a better base when I go back to hypertrophy in a year or so.
* Although I do like to bodybuild, my goal is not to reach a professional body builders physique. I do want to get big, lean, and be aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
To get an idea of my current plan and what I've been doing since September, click on my sig "Intra Aid & Beta Ala9". It's my current log.
If there is any other information I can provide to help you help me, let me know. Thanks everyone in advanced for the help.