Accurate Scale????

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.92%

Question Accurate Scale????

Im not sure where to post this but I was wondering if anyone used or know how accurate and how these scales work. I paid over 100$ for it and I love it but still not sure how it measures everything. BF% M% Bone mass and water. Thanks alot people.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.08%

It uses electrical impedance to send a small electrical current through your body. The current travels through the water in your body. When the current returns to the scale it measures the amount of resistance that it faced while passing through your body, and that resistance will determine your total body water content. Your water content is used to estimate your lean mass, and it calculates the difference between that and your total weight to give you your body fat%.

These scales will give you a rough estimate of body composition, but they are not terribly accurate. For instance, someone with a significantly low bodyfat% or someone with a significant amount of muscle mass will get an inaccurate reading.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post

These scales will give you a rough estimate of body composition, but they are not terribly accurate. For instance, someone with a significantly low bodyfat% or someone with a significant amount of muscle mass will get an inaccurate reading.
    that is the same that i have found, it's true that these bodyfat scales are not very accurate in measuring your body fat.

another, you will get different readings depending upon how much food you have ate during the day or the amount of liquids consumed.

try it in the morning when you first awake. then try it later in the day, and you should have a some varience, probably one to two percent.

so although you can not count on these type of things to give an accurate reading, you can however depend on it to be pretty consistant and if you know the limits of this device you can turn it into a helpful tool that can show you results of changes in diet or training over time, keeping records of these things can be useful and something of value if you are doing a trial and error approach and experimenting to find what will work for you.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.46%

i was told electricity will take the shortest path, so it may not go through the whole body
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wrkn4bigrmusles View Post
    i was told electricity will take the shortest path, so it may not go through the whole body
    GREAT! So this thing is measuring the bf% of his feet? LOL!
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.37%

Well from one foot to your waist and back down the other leg. I hold most of my fat in my legs, most likely gives me a high(but somewhat consistent) reading.

Similar Forum Threads

1. HCG- Is this the accurate conversion?
    By the tiger in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 06:02 PM
  2. Gun control...what do you think, accurate?
    By Tyler1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
  3. Accurate Digital Scale
    By Ant. in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:55 PM
  4. MG'S Per ML of Tren from pellets. Is it accurate?
    By sarcoplasm in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 07:37 AM
  5. Accurate T3 measuring
    By Scottyo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 04:50 PM