1 body part a day VS. splits!

  1. 1 body part a day VS. splits!


    anyone care to leave suggestions on which they prefer?


  2. I choose to do parts per day (sounds weird?)

    Mostly cause thats just how i learned to do it in boot, and have done it that way since.

    Normally:

    Arms + cardio

    Legs + cardio

    Chest + cardio

    etc.. thats just me. ... i prefer to do it that way, and i have no issues with it so far.

  3. One part per day, 5 days a week here. I can't seem to gain doing it any other way.
    •   
       


  4. would u be able to give me a brief description of your routine aggravated?

  5. I used to always do one part per day, but recently Im trying to do 2 body parts per day. Im doing it for a change of pace and to be in the gym less days total mainly.

    I dont like it tho so far.

  6. I tried the 1 body part a day, hated that split.

    I do 3 total body workouts a week, 1 powerlifting, 1 olympic lifting and 1 Cross fit.

    All followed by 20 minutes of LIC (low intensity cardio) swimming, heavy bag, etc..... except the crossfit workout, I do nothing after it.

    Love this split, maximum results for strength, fat loss and muscle building in the least amount of time.

  7. I do one body part per day at 5 days. Wed being the exception when I do a mild leg for the second time.

    My training is as follows
    M- Legs
    T- Shoulders
    W- Chest/ leg shaping
    T- back
    F- arms

    abs are thrown in on various days. I have grown and got better definition on this split.

  8. usually do one body part a day because i like to go Hard and Heavy as possible on chest back and legs and i like high volume on smaller body parts so if I tried to do both i would be in the gym waaay to long

  9. Well, I try to do a combination of both.

    My train goes
    M - Triceps / Biceps / Forearms
    Tu - Cardio / Shoulders / Abs
    W - Legs
    Th - Cardio / Abs
    Fri - Chest / Back

    I've done the 1 body part a day thing, and back/bi, tri/chest thing, neither really did it for me. I've found my sweet spot in this routine. Every week I'm sore the day after and I've made good gains.

    I hit opposites everyday so I superset them, and while at it save myself some time in the gym. Usually takes about 45 mins to be done each day. I do the first 2 exercises in negatives and the last 2 just reeeeaaal slow.

    Been working well for me. I've put on about 10lbs the last 4-5 months when I started doing this.

  10. When I'm on test, I'll do 1 body part a day. Right now my split is Mon- Chest/bi; Tues- Legs; Thurs- Shoulders/tri; Fri- Back/traps

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    usually do one body part a day because i like to go Hard and Heavy as possible on chest back and legs and i like high volume on smaller body parts so if I tried to do both i would be in the gym waaay to long
    Yea it seems to take like a good hour per body part. So you have to do much less sets in order to get 2 body parts in.

  12. what types of exercises are best for 1 body part a day? anyone willing to give a example of their routines?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by AndreAnabolic View Post
    what types of exercises are best for 1 body part a day? anyone willing to give a example of their routines?

    When i'm on one body part a day here is a typical chest routine

    flat bench or flat db usually 2 warm ups then 3-4 Heavy 3-6 reps
    db incline or Hammer incline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
    hammer decline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
    pec deck 3x20

    I also sometimes drop back down on and rep out on flat bench or incline just to really get a pump if i have time

  14. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I do one body part per day at 5 days. Wed being the exception when I do a mild leg for the second time.

    My training is as follows
    M- Legs
    T- Shoulders
    W- Chest/ leg shaping
    T- back
    F- arms

    abs are thrown in on various days. I have grown and got better definition on this split.
    I pretty much do this except I switch shoulders and legs so my shoulders have a day to rest before i hit chest. I love it, i follow each workout with 10minutes of stretching and 15-20 minutes of cardio.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    When i'm on one body part a day here is a typical chest routine

    flat bench or flat db usually 2 warm ups then 3-4 Heavy 3-6 reps
    db incline or Hammer incline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
    hammer decline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
    pec deck 3x20

    I also sometimes drop back down on and rep out on flat bench or incline just to really get a pump if i have time



    do you find that to be too much volume?

  16. My single muscle group for back today went like this:

    3 sets wide grip pullups supersetted with bent over rows.

    3 sets hammer strength pull downs

    3 sets one arm dumbell rows

    1 set seated rows hammer strength

    I went heavy on everything except the bent over rows, which I did with no rest after my pull ups.

    My shoulder was hurting going into this workout, still hurts now but not any more severe afterwords.

    I never really looked into how to train the back the best, so any tips will help.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
  2. Splits vs. Full Body training.
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 12:37 AM
  3. How often to hit each body part
    By jsheely in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 10:08 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
  5. Full Body 3 day splits VS 5 day Trad. BB split
    By AcuDoc in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Log in
Log in