1 body part a day VS. splits!

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
anyone care to leave suggestions on which they prefer?

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I choose to do parts per day (sounds weird?)

Mostly cause thats just how i learned to do it in boot, and have done it that way since.

Normally:

Arms + cardio

Legs + cardio

Chest + cardio

etc.. thats just me. ... i prefer to do it that way, and i have no issues with it so far.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One part per day, 5 days a week here. I can't seem to gain doing it any other way.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
would u be able to give me a brief description of your routine aggravated?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to always do one part per day, but recently Im trying to do 2 body parts per day. Im doing it for a change of pace and to be in the gym less days total mainly.

I dont like it tho so far.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tried the 1 body part a day, hated that split.

I do 3 total body workouts a week, 1 powerlifting, 1 olympic lifting and 1 Cross fit.

All followed by 20 minutes of LIC (low intensity cardio) swimming, heavy bag, etc..... except the crossfit workout, I do nothing after it.

Love this split, maximum results for strength, fat loss and muscle building in the least amount of time.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do one body part per day at 5 days. Wed being the exception when I do a mild leg for the second time.

My training is as follows
M- Legs
T- Shoulders
W- Chest/ leg shaping
T- back
F- arms

abs are thrown in on various days. I have grown and got better definition on this split.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
usually do one body part a day because i like to go Hard and Heavy as possible on chest back and legs and i like high volume on smaller body parts so if I tried to do both i would be in the gym waaay to long

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Well, I try to do a combination of both.

My train goes
M - Triceps / Biceps / Forearms
Tu - Cardio / Shoulders / Abs
W - Legs
Th - Cardio / Abs
Fri - Chest / Back

I've done the 1 body part a day thing, and back/bi, tri/chest thing, neither really did it for me. I've found my sweet spot in this routine. Every week I'm sore the day after and I've made good gains.

I hit opposites everyday so I superset them, and while at it save myself some time in the gym. Usually takes about 45 mins to be done each day. I do the first 2 exercises in negatives and the last 2 just reeeeaaal slow.

Been working well for me. I've put on about 10lbs the last 4-5 months when I started doing this.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
When I'm on test, I'll do 1 body part a day. Right now my split is Mon- Chest/bi; Tues- Legs; Thurs- Shoulders/tri; Fri- Back/traps

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
usually do one body part a day because i like to go Hard and Heavy as possible on chest back and legs and i like high volume on smaller body parts so if I tried to do both i would be in the gym waaay to long
Yea it seems to take like a good hour per body part. So you have to do much less sets in order to get 2 body parts in.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
what types of exercises are best for 1 body part a day? anyone willing to give a example of their routines?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what types of exercises are best for 1 body part a day? anyone willing to give a example of their routines?

When i'm on one body part a day here is a typical chest routine

flat bench or flat db usually 2 warm ups then 3-4 Heavy 3-6 reps
db incline or Hammer incline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
hammer decline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
pec deck 3x20

I also sometimes drop back down on and rep out on flat bench or incline just to really get a pump if i have time

Burner

Awards
I do one body part per day at 5 days. Wed being the exception when I do a mild leg for the second time.

My training is as follows
M- Legs
T- Shoulders
W- Chest/ leg shaping
T- back
F- arms

abs are thrown in on various days. I have grown and got better definition on this split.
I pretty much do this except I switch shoulders and legs so my shoulders have a day to rest before i hit chest. I love it, i follow each workout with 10minutes of stretching and 15-20 minutes of cardio.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
When i'm on one body part a day here is a typical chest routine

flat bench or flat db usually 2 warm ups then 3-4 Heavy 3-6 reps
db incline or Hammer incline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
hammer decline 4-5 sets 8-10 rep range
pec deck 3x20

I also sometimes drop back down on and rep out on flat bench or incline just to really get a pump if i have time

do you find that to be too much volume?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My single muscle group for back today went like this:

3 sets wide grip pullups supersetted with bent over rows.

3 sets hammer strength pull downs

3 sets one arm dumbell rows

1 set seated rows hammer strength

I went heavy on everything except the bent over rows, which I did with no rest after my pull ups.

My shoulder was hurting going into this workout, still hurts now but not any more severe afterwords.

I never really looked into how to train the back the best, so any tips will help.