- 12-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Back when I was a lad, I played football and it consumed my life. Routes in the mornings, film at lunch and practice after school. Now as I look back to then, when I knew relatively little about training, I realize one of the biggest hindrances I had for my speed was hip flexors. Almost the entire group of muscle that is the hip flexor was underdeveloped. I wondered why I couldnt get lower than a 4.5 and it finally hit me the other day.
Now those days are gone but I guess Id like to train them now, may as well. Im just wondering...well frankly, how to go about that? There isnt a common hip flexor exercise besides stuff like lunges and just running. I mean, some form of isolation.
Anyone care to help me out? I mean, this is also just about discussion as well.
- 12-15-2008, 10:52 PM
12-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Most gyms also have a hip flexor machine. Its kind of like a leg curl but taller. You put the pad on a ben knee and lift upward flexing the hip.
Sprints also work the hip flexors pretty well.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Hockeyaus33 in forum Injury / RehabReplies: 7Last Post: 09-22-2016, 05:55 PM
- By chedapalooza in forum Training ForumReplies: 18Last Post: 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM
- By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 3Last Post: 01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
- By jjm in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 05-08-2007, 03:33 PM
- By shiby1510 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 06-04-2006, 01:40 AM