Cant G2 The Gym!!!

doyoudo911

Awards
well i canceled my membership to the gym bc i g2 my college gym for free :)

however the semester ends dec 20 and after that they will only be open untill 2pm (which is ok ill just go earlier) BUT starting dec 23 they are closed, and remain closed until jan 5!!! THATS 2 WEEKS WITH OUT THE GYM :nono: then after the 5th they are back open untill jan 20th (then there open for the original times)

my 2 questions are:

is there something i can do at home for the two weeks so i wont loose weight or strength (i lose weight fast)?

or

do u think my gym would understand and let me join for the 2 weeks (if i pay) or a month if i cant go for 2 weeks?

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
if you cant do a 1 month membership , I would just do what you can around the house for 2 weeks, and demolish as much food as possible. Youre limited to what you can do, but if you dont go to the gym, you dont have much choice. Nothing else you can do a craploads of pushups, diamonds, jumpshrugs(with sum kind of weight), abs, and shoulder presses( do handstand in front of a wall.) Your choice,..... but if it was me, and for some reason I couldnt get a gym membership,.... I would find new ways to workout for 2 weeks.

doyoudo911

Awards
ty....so im guessing by wat ur saying is gyms DO give memberships for just one month??

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
some do, but most have a startup fee which is point less if your only gonna be there for 2 weeks. I'd go talk to the manager there at the gym, let him know you just canceled your membership @ there, and tell him your looking for an extra month, and dont want a startup fee. Be straight up with him, it might work.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well i canceled my membership to the gym bc i g2 my college gym for free :)

however the semester ends dec 20 and after that they will only be open untill 2pm (which is ok ill just go earlier) BUT starting dec 23 they are closed, and remain closed until jan 5!!! THATS 2 WEEKS WITH OUT THE GYM :nono: then after the 5th they are back open untill jan 20th (then there open for the original times)

my 2 questions are:

is there something i can do at home for the two weeks so i wont loose weight or strength (i lose weight fast)?

or

do u think my gym would understand and let me join for the 2 weeks (if i pay) or a month if i cant go for 2 weeks?

Push ups pull ups squats burpees any number of bw exercises you can to to get a killer work out.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
eat a lot, free standing exercises and remeber you'll also be totally recovered when you return to the gym. you're going to be sore like the first time but you should also be able to bump things up a notch because of the recovery!!!!!!

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a community center in the area?

I went home for 3 weeks during the summer to my parents and the local gym was too expensive, like $60/month, and my parents told me about the community center.

The community center ended up being much better because they were really cool, were a lot cheaper and even just let me pay for 3 weeks instead of a whole month.

They had a squat rack just like the one in my school's gym so I was set. Also, they were very relaxed there and let me do O-Lifts just like at my school. No way I could have done O-Lifts at the local gym. All the buff tanned trainers would have jumped on me. :frustrate

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i know my gym does like 1 day passes etc, but they are 15$ a day. you could possibly work something out.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
or you could do what i did,..... i still used the gym at my tech 2 yr school for like a year after i already transfered somewhere else b/c its was close to my house, I knew everyone up there, and they didnt check anything.:icon_lol: