Pecs Alot Bigger Than Biceps, anyone?

Kurruptive

Kurruptive

Awards
yeah i'm basically just wondering if this is the case for anyone else. everything is running smoothly, except my pecs, delts and traps seem to be getting bigger as far as i can tell, my arms have grown a touch, but nothing near in comparison. im mainly bitching, cause i still have abit of a BF problem and i'm looking fat-ish in a shirt, which i ain't liking.

i should be doing alot more bi and tri's, that's the obvious awnser, but any other suggestions to help with this.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i would love for my pecs to be bigger. my arms, traps, and delts far over power my upper pecs. drives me crazy...

Kurruptive

Kurruptive

Awards
oh ok, well i guess im lucky then :lol: better keep working hard at the gym, i'll try to focus on bi's and tri's alot more.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh ok, well i guess im lucky then :lol: better keep working hard at the gym, i'll try to focus on bi's and tri's alot more.
disagree - focus on compound movements and nutrition bro.

I laid off direct bi/tri training for 6 weeks (injury) and was still growing like a MF. Im still growing like a MF.... naturally

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
not alot but I always get the "get a bra" joke from all my friends. I got solid arms but my pecs by far are one of the first thing that gets noticed. Ive always had a big chest, moreso the chest is also the last place i lose bodyfat so, it looks like i bench a hell of alot more than i can,.... sometimes it can be a curse.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
You need to isolate the upper arm during your movements it sounds like you are using some shoulder and losing the growth opportunity , its tough to take the shoulder out of the movement but it can be done.

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
6'2" at 172# and youve got excessive body fat?

sounds like youre problem may have more to do with perception...

anyway, blast at those bi's and tri's, work them and they will grow.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
not alot but I always get the "get a bra" joke from all my friends. I got solid arms but my pecs by far are one of the first thing that gets noticed. Ive always had a big chest, moreso the chest is also the last place i lose bodyfat so, it looks like i bench a hell of alot more than i can,.... sometimes it can be a curse.
yea me too bro, my pecs are the 1st thing that gets noticed. i don't get the bra jokes yet though, at least not to my face. if i concentrate on compound movments, like i have since i started on this path, i notice that my growth is proportionate to the rest of my body, but for some reason my pecs are a bit bigger than the rest.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
yea me too bro, my pecs are the 1st thing that gets noticed. i don't get the bra jokes yet though, at least not to my face. if i concentrate on compound movments, like i have since i started on this path, i notice that my growth is proportionate to the rest of my body, but for some reason my pecs are a bit bigger than the rest.
Well "the bra" jokes are more so just that; jokes, from my very close friends and father,.... they moreso are also jealous b/c all of them workout are are skinny as sh!t, lol. Problem with me is I have a tall frame by nature so its hard for me to gain mass fast unless I bulk, which equates to the extra BF in the chest area. Not only that but I have a long, slabbed chest by nature, just like I have a long torso,...... so its hard not to notice it even when i cut and lean out.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
This is EXACTLY the same issues i have as well. Big chest, small bench :(

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Some people are just barrel chested. Unlike some guys hat only go to the gym to workout chest. There are guys at my gym that do it 3 times a week. Pitiful.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I wish this is the case with me. I have stopped working out my arms every week, to every two weeks instead. Thrown in a extra day for chest to over compensate this.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
my pecs are by a far the most prominant, almost out of proportiontial muscles. I do not train them anymore either...I think its just genetic. I lack in my lats.

Marsh11

Marsh11

Awards
  • Established
6'2" at 172# and youve got excessive body fat?

sounds like youre problem may have more to do with perception...

anyway, blast at those bi's and tri's, work them and they will grow.

I was thinking the same thing.. At your ht and wt I cant imagine there being much fat on your body.

ACSlayer

Awards
Also, I've found working in the 10-15 rep range for arms can really help to isolate the muscles and take out the aid from supporting muscles (forearms, shoulders, back, etc.). A concentrated stretch and contraction seem more important than total load in isolation work such as the arms.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also, I've found working in the 10-15 rep range for arms can really help to isolate the muscles and take out the aid from supporting muscles (forearms, shoulders, back, etc.). A concentrated stretch and contraction seem more important than total load in isolation work such as the arms.
Try super-setting your arm workouts. You can alternate which muscle group you lead with, but working your tri's first will prime your bi's.

Choose a weight that will not max out your tris for 10 reps, but hit you bi's heavier so that by the third set the bi's are getting maxed out by rep 7-8 with the remainder being forced.

Start with compound. eg narrow grip bench s/s w. bb curl

You should only need one other superset. Skull crushers or dips for the tri movement, seated db curls or standing hammer curls for the bi movement.

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
My chest has a tendency to grow much more rapidly than my biceps, and for that matter my lats, but I think a lot of my problem has to do with my genetics. That also may be the case for you as well. When you train your biceps, do you train any other muscle groups on the same day? If so, which is prioritized in your workout? For example, if you trained biceps on the same day that you train back, do you do back first or biceps?

I noticed my triceps began to lag behind when I trained them in the same workout as chest. Just a thought.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LovingtoLift Training Forum 3
Hyde Supplement Logs 506
Training Forum 11
RippedCity Training Forum 47
Training Forum 9