Need training advice/cutting or bulking? - AnabolicMinds.com

Need training advice/cutting or bulking?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

Need training advice/cutting or bulking?

I've been training for 6 months now and have come to a crossroad. I weigh 175 at 5"7 with 18%BF. I train 4 days a week with the Back Bi's, chest tri's, legs shoulders, and a maintanience day thrown in. I have gained a significant amount of muscle and am pleased with the results so far but, I still have a little excess fat in the stomach area. My question is I want to lose a few pounds but with my training I seem to add about a pound a week. Do I continue the heavy training and just let the belly fat melt away or do I go into cut mode and just do a **** load of cardio and back off the weights? I eat insanely clean 5 times a day. Whole grains, chicken tuna fish.....you guys know the drill. I keep my carbs at less than 200Grams a day, except once a week to cycle them. Even with 18% BF I can see the top part of my abs, but I want to be lean without losing the muscle I have already gained! Cardio .5 miles, 4 times a week cause i hate cardio! Any advice would be appreciated.

Supplements: On Whey protein: 1in morning, pre an post training. ON BCAA pre and post workout, Creatine 5G pre and post, Fish oil, green tea, milk thistle, daily.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

i wouldnt go in to a cut mode id keep doing what your doing but what are your goals here? do you want to cut do you wanna bulk up?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

I wanna be lean and maintain what I have already gained. I guess maybe just be patient and keep workin and the little gut that I have will go away on it's own. I lost 40lbs. in the last year so maybe this is the last stubborn bit of fat left. I'm really surprised I look as lean as I do with 18% bodyfat.Lots of definition and even striations showing. My workout partner has 12% and can't see his abs at all. I guess it's the old lose fat and build muscle at the same time thing. Can I keep gaining weight and lower bodyfat at the same time?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

MMA monster your about my same height. Do you find yourself lean enough in the 170-180 range at our height? I kind of stocky naturally and so I really can't determine an ideal weight to shoot for. I know I would like my bodyfat to be around 10-12%

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking diet training day vs. off days
    By candle25 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
  2. bulking training routine
    By Swoldierboy in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
  3. Bulking Training Program for an 18 year old
    By kmoore in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6