Need Help and Advise Please! After a 4 month Layoff Injury Related

BabyfaceNoob

Awards
I was out of the gym for 4 months due to a back injury. I sat around and didn't even do cardio, to make a long story short I put on a lot of weight. I was 165 at 11% body fat before my injury. I'm currently 5'7 160 around 18-20% body fat. What I want to know is how did I lose weight but gained a serious gut and body fat. Also My lifts seriously went down:

Exercise (last set) Before
DB Bench 100x10
Lat PullDown 165x8
DB Shoulder Press 80x10
Bicep Curls(straight bar) 90x8

Exercise (last set) Now
DB Bench 60x7
Lat PullDown 130x5
DB Shoulder Press 40x6
Bicep Curls(straight bar) 50x4

How long would you think it would take for me to get back where I was at with intensive training and diet. Also if you have any cutting meals that you would like to share please to. (I don't eat red meat) Thank You so much for your responses ahead of time.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
What I want to know is how did I lose weight but gained a serious gut and body fat. Also My lifts seriously went down:

chances are due to the lack of excercise,your body released a stress hormone called"cortisol"and what it does.is it turns your muscle into fat!..a 4-month lay-off is quiet awhile,cortisol usually sets in at 3-days without w/o or depending on how long you have been training.as for as the strenght loss,it has to do with muscle loss!..the conversion from muscle to fat!..and how long will it take to get back to where you where,depends on your training,and your diet!..but take it easy,start off light and easy,and stay consistant!it will pay-off!:thumbsup:

BabyfaceNoob

Awards
What I want to know is how did I lose weight but gained a serious gut and body fat. Also My lifts seriously went down:

chances are due to the lack of excercise,your body released a stress hormone called"cortisol"and what it does.is it turns your muscle into fat!..a 4-month lay-off is quiet awhile,cortisol usually sets in at 3-days without w/o or depending on how long you have been training.as for as the strenght loss,it has to do with muscle loss!..the conversion from muscle to fat!..and how long will it take to get back to where you where,depends on your training,and your diet!..but take it easy,start off light and easy,and stay consistant!it will pay-off!:thumbsup:

thanks so much man, I was really depressed after finally going back to the gym last week. I didn't know what to do so I thought I would ask you guys for some advice. But on avg how long would you assume it would take to get back into the shape I was in with training 5 times a week with cardio 6 times a week.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks so much man, I was really depressed after finally going back to the gym last week. I didn't know what to do so I thought I would ask you guys for some advice.
just keep at it. you'll get back to where you were pretty quick - muscle memory is a wonderful thing.

BabyfaceNoob

Awards
just keep at it. you'll get back to where you were pretty quick - muscle memory is a wonderful thing.
one guy in my gym told me the amount of time you take off half that is how long it would take with proper training. So i was off for 4 months so he said about 2 month. IDK how I'm going to lose all this fat in 4 months and my old numbers on the lifts seem impossible right now.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
one guy in my gym told me the amount of time you take off half that is how long it would take with proper training. So i was off for 4 months so he said about 2 month. IDK how I'm going to lose all this fat in 4 months and my old numbers on the lifts seem impossible right now.
cardio cardio cardio. you'll make progress every day. just keep lifting, and never loose sight of the goal.