Cant Feel Pump In Shoulders

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
every exercise i do for my shoulders, i never feel a pump, can anyone explain?. my shoulder routin is DB shoulder press, Lateral raise, Bent lateral raise, front raise. its the only muscle in my body that doesnt feel pumps

mantisstriker

Awards
try some cable lateral raises and high reps on rear delt raises..maybe you need to lower your bodyfat possibably..also stretch your shoulders after you work them out

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
try changing out your routine, start out with rear delts supersetted with plate raises (take a 45 raise from blow chest level to over head using straight arms) as many times as you can, then move into just less than shoulders width upright rows, finish off with presses, if not enough alternate presses with heavy upright shoulder flies. ( seated upright, use dumbells in a fly motion to only work shoulders, focus on contraction.) keep your rest times down, no more than a minute and a half. you gotta push your shoulder to work, also it is sometimes very hard to isolate shoulders, so maybe lighten the weight a little just to ensure you are hitting your delts and not using pecs or traps to help.
~yoked

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
try changing out your routine, start out with rear delts supersetted with plate raises (take a 45 raise from blow chest level to over head using straight arms) as many times as you can, then move into just less than shoulders width upright rows, finish off with presses, if not enough alternate presses with heavy upright shoulder flies. ( seated upright, use dumbells in a fly motion to only work shoulders, focus on contraction.) keep your rest times down, no more than a minute and a half. you gotta push your shoulder to work, also it is sometimes very hard to isolate shoulders, so maybe lighten the weight a little just to ensure you are hitting your delts and not using pecs or traps to help.
~yoked
what he said.

When in doubt reverse your shoulder workout. Start with the posterior delts, then medial, then anterior.

Also, I don't know how you do your DB SH Press but try this:

1) Grab a moderate weight for DB SH Press

2) Starting Position:

Both DB overhead, slight bend in elbows

3) Movement:

a) Keeping your right arm with DB overhead lower your left arm down and press the DB back up to starting position.

b) Repeat this time with your left arm overhead and lowering your right arm.

This type of shoulder press keeps your shoulders working throughout the whole set and really give me a nice pump in my shoulders.

I can't lift anywhere near I normally do with regular DB presses but I feel these work much better.

Trixibell

Trixibell

Awards
every exercise i do for my shoulders, i never feel a pump, can anyone explain?. my shoulder routin is DB shoulder press, Lateral raise, Bent lateral raise, front raise. its the only muscle in my body that doesnt feel pumps
change routine around '''technique is the key:bb3:

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This will sometimes happen if you are using too much body English during your shoulder workouts. Try lightening the weight and focusing on the contraction. You could be using other muscles to assist during the lift as well.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
i use TUT. 4 seconds eccentric 2 seconds concentric

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
High rep lateral raises for the win!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Momentum is probably why you aren't feeling much pump. Slow down and use more TUT.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Throw some upright rows in there, with good form they always gives my shoulders a nice pump n' burn. And what Trip said, high rep latertal raises ftw.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This will sometimes happen if you are using too much body English during your shoulder workouts. Try lightening the weight and focusing on the contraction. You could be using other muscles to assist during the lift as well.
This.

Also, try preexhausting with a crazy warmup set - super low weight for 50 reps.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
u can try mine, ive seen mad results, and shoulders have always been my WEAK link in the past, now they are becoming my strongest.

4 sets of bb presses on smith machine
** superset db front raises after each set(no rest)
4 sets of bb presses on smith(nehind neck)
* superset db lat raises after each set(no rest)

Start with front presses on smith machine, and after finishing set, immediatly no rest do one handed DB front raises for high reps (15+) ( i hold on to the machine with other hand.)
Rest for 30, then using same weight, do behind the neck presses, (obv you prolly know not to go all the way down, but to the dip/hole in back of head), then again without rest grab a DB and do high rep DB lateral raises one handed( i also hold machine with other hand.)

This was one complete go around, and you still have 3 more to go. i started this type of routine around 8 months ago i think, and ive gone from lifting 25lb DBs high rep, strict form, to 50lb DBs for raises.

For the postiers ill superset them the same way with upright rows, and have 5 sets on reverse pec @ end of w/o. I also do shrugs/bb shrugs near end as well, duration should hit right @ hour, if you w/o alone. lll do this for 2 weeks, then switch to high volume standing military presses and DB presses for one week, and return back to this thereafter. Hope this helps ya if ya wanna try it.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
change routine around '''technique is the key:bb3:
Bingo.. I think a good mix of heavy compound and isolation work is key for shoulder success. You have to keep in mind that the deltoid's function is to move the arm at a 360 degrees angle. So that leaves quite a few different ways to hit those shoulder muscles. And remember that when you're doing isolation work, the trick is to isolate the muscles with the strictest motions, doing as much weight as you can while maintaining absolutely perfect form. You're wanting to make that muscle do as much work as it can (isolation). I see a lot of people swinging the weights, leaving me thinking, "you're wanting to make your side delts do the work, not you're back!"