my drive to push is gone need suggestions

dommer

Banned
Awards
ok well first here is a little history

i started lifting about 3 years ago and i was the typical noob lifter who just worked arms/chest all the time

i started poking around and asking some people for advice and developed a couple routines that i switch between and put on some good muscle over time but never lost the fat ( i was always on the chubby side)

recently we did a 10 week competition at my work and the winner was the person who lost the most body fat over those 10 weeks in those weeks i managed to drop from 200lbs down to 178lbs and drop from 24.9%bf to 18.3%bf i was in the gym for about 2 hours everyday 45mins of which was running and about 15mins spent on the heavy/speed bag as warm and took home the $700 winnings

recently all my drive to go to the gym is gone and when i get to the gym i cant push my self to work hard any more and i have absolutely no desire to run anymore i try to but its like my body just doesn't want to do it

any ideas anyone? nothing has changed in my life recently just a drop in motivation

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
There are plenty of supps to help out with drive. I always find when I'm on a supp, I have more drive just for the shear fact that I don't want to waste whatever I'm using and I usually pay good money for it. It's all about self motivation. If you're not satisfied with where you are physically, you're the only one who can change that.

dommer

Banned
Awards
im not a fan of sups i dont even take protein powder i just eat a lot of chicken/eggs/lean beef

its more a issue of just not having that dirve or fire anymore if you ill go to the gym but each set feels like torture eve min on the treadmill is agonizing the only thing i truely enjoy rite now is hitting the speed bag im even getting fed up with the heavy bag

i need to get that fire back that makes you push that last hard fought rep out and push for that extra 1/4 mile or squeeze out that last set when you fell like you have nothing left

i use to get so amped up on my way to the gym even in a dead silent car and sometimes would have to force my self ot leave before i hurt my self trying to push now i feel like im trying to squeeze water out of a rock or something

hell i use to beat my knuckles raw on the heavy and speed bag and then when they were raw i would tape them and keep goin

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Either get a new routine or take some time off.

dommer

Banned
Awards
i have about 3 weeks in a row where i went to the gym all of 4 times normally i would have gone 18times

im thinking maybe setting a set of goals to mimic that competition i mentioned might give me a little bit of a push and taking away the distractions like cutting my cable back to jsut the channels i need to watch football and leaving my ps3 at my moms so games and blurays cant distract me till i get my focus back

dommer

Banned
Awards
im going home to day and watching good ole ronnie coleman videos for hours until i want to start punching babies and kicking midgets to see if that can give me some drive back to go work hard again

light weight baby!!!!

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
seriously consider trying rpm. I am desperate to get to the gym when I'm on that stuff.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im going home to day and watching good ole ronnie coleman videos for hours until i want to start punching babies and kicking midgets

light weight baby!!!!
That is wrong on so many levels. Karma is a biatch.

Back to your initial question... My opinion is... You probably just don't want it bad enough.

dommer

Banned
Awards
That is wrong on so many levels. Karma is a biatch.

Back to your initial question... My opinion is... You probably just don't want it bad enough.
wow cant believe you took that even half serious

btw problem solved set a group of goals and am giving my self 6months to complete all of them and good old captain coleman helped me get motivated to get back in the gym that night

dommer

Banned
Awards
seriously consider trying rpm. I am desperate to get to the gym when I'm on that stuff.
im not a big sup person i dont even take protein regularly

ive been tossing around the idea of stacking dcp and leviR or dcp and recreate but again im not big on supplements

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im not a big sup person i dont even take protein regularly

ive been tossing around the idea of stacking dcp and leviR or dcp and recreate but again im not big on supplements
If you do not currently use a protein supplement, then that would be the first thing I would worry about before buying other types of products.

dommer

Banned
Awards
If you do not currently use a protein supplement, then that would be the first thing I would worry about before buying other types of products.
i dont need a supplement i eat plenty of protein in my diet and i would rather get it from a regular food source then a shake

its cheaper
it tastes better
doesn't give me gas and the shits
and it tastes a lot better

why does everyone think you NEED a supplement to get enough protein in your diet

if you can tell me why i need a protein sup when i can get between 1g-1.5g of protein per lb of body weight just threw diet ill change my tone

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
you don't bro. but what about immediately post workout? wouldn't you rather have fast digesting whey than a full meal? this is the window where you need it the quickest..

dommer

Banned
Awards
you don't bro. but what about immediately post workout? wouldn't you rather have fast digesting whey than a full meal? this is the window where you need it the quickest..
no i wouldnt whey runs rite threw me and doesnt taste as good as chicken cutlets with green beans, corn, and a salad with non fat yogurt and or a grapefruit for desert

gym is all of 10mins from my house im eating with in 15mins of getting out of the gym

i mass prepair food at the start of the week so i have chicken on hand and cooked pretty much all the time and i love canned tuna and i also do a large stir fry once a week

so between my chicken cutlets stir fry and tuna a quick meal is always a couple mins away

o and i keep fiber1 bars in my glove box in my car :toofunny:

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
That's good but by quickest I meant the digestion and absorbtion rate, not having it readily on hand.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
im gunna try rpm just for that reason, two bottles commin my way, ill do a final review.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
no i wouldnt whey runs rite threw me and doesnt taste as good as chicken cutlets with green beans, corn, and a salad with non fat yogurt and or a grapefruit for desert

gym is all of 10mins from my house im eating with in 15mins of getting out of the gym

i mass prepair food at the start of the week so i have chicken on hand and cooked pretty much all the time and i love canned tuna and i also do a large stir fry once a week

so between my chicken cutlets stir fry and tuna a quick meal is always a couple mins away

o and i keep fiber1 bars in my glove box in my car :toofunny:
Whole foods do not shuttle viable nutrients to your muscles fast enough. Especially after a workout, or upon awakening. If you think that is sufficient enough for you then it's all good, we are just trying to give you some advice.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you should "quit being a pussy" as you told a lot of people in another thread.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like a classic symptom of overtraining, maybe take a week off, hopefully that will help.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
recently all my drive to go to the gym is gone and when i get to the gym i cant push my self to work hard any more and i have absolutely no desire to run anymore i try to but its like my body just doesn't want to do it

any ideas anyone? nothing has changed in my life recently just a drop in motivation
Ahhh, need some help, eh? I'll answer your question with your own words...
stop being such a pussy
Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ dommer's rep. You totally got called out dude. Better stop being such a pussy man.

dommer

Banned
Awards
Whole foods do not shuttle viable nutrients to your muscles fast enough. Especially after a workout, or upon awakening. If you think that is sufficient enough for you then it's all good, we are just trying to give you some advice.
i thnk supps are a waste of money personally unless your trying to get huge which im not

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
i thnk supps are a waste of money personally unless your trying to get huge which im not
You just tell yourself that because you can't seem to get rid of your pencil neck or your chicken legs.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
dommer better cut that pu$$y siht out!:nono:!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
lol!

man up and stop being such a pussy.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
o please -700 aint **** on my regular board i hand out a couple thousand rep at once im actually trying to go all red
Ask........ and thou shall recieve.

NEG

PS..... quit being such a ****ing pussy............... pussy.

Barbell500

Awards
WOW, AM is becoming very much like BB.com. And can everyone please stop with the name calling? I am sure not all of you want to sound like 12 year old girls.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Wait.. BB.com is bad??!! My world is ruined...

Forum sucks but i like the Exercise database, and the articles are cool. I like the transformation parts to... thats just me i guess

:) funny thread though. lol

still alive

Banned
Awards
ok well first here is a little history

i started lifting about 3 years ago and i was the typical noob lifter who just worked arms/chest all the time

i started poking around and asking some people for advice and developed a couple routines that i switch between and put on some good muscle over time but never lost the fat ( i was always on the chubby side)

recently we did a 10 week competition at my work and the winner was the person who lost the most body fat over those 10 weeks in those weeks i managed to drop from 200lbs down to 178lbs and drop from 24.9%bf to 18.3%bf i was in the gym for about 2 hours everyday 45mins of which was running and about 15mins spent on the heavy/speed bag as warm and took home the $700 winnings

over training....2hrs. in the gym is over kill.

still alive

Banned
Awards
im not a fan of sups i dont even take protein powder i just eat a lot of chicken/eggs/lean beef

its more a issue of just not having that dirve or fire anymore if you ill go to the gym but each set feels like torture eve min on the treadmill is agonizing the only thing i truely enjoy rite now is hitting the speed bag im even getting fed up with the heavy bag

i need to get that fire back that makes you push that last hard fought rep out and push for that extra 1/4 mile or squeeze out that last set when you fell like you have nothing left

i use to get so amped up on my way to the gym even in a dead silent car and sometimes would have to force my self ot leave before i hurt my self trying to push now i feel like im trying to squeeze water out of a rock or something

hell i use to beat my knuckles raw on the heavy and speed bag and then when they were raw i would tape them and keep goin
WTF!!!!????...no protein powder?....you need it pre and post.might as well not even lift...or just do upper body and not lower body lol..and on a side note,,,what queen dosent work out their legs?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WTF!!!!????...no protein powder?....you need it pre and post.might as well not even lift...or just do upper body and not lower body lol..and on a side note,,,what queen dosent work out their legs?
Who cares about legs when you have 13" arms!?!

dommer

Banned
Awards
keep the negs coming faggots

try getting creative with your comments though

dommer

Banned
Awards
nope i work legs to dont know where you got that info from

im not trying to get huge and to be honest its nearly impossible for me to since lifting heavy is a serious risk for me thanks to many sports related injuries to my shoulders/right knee and being huge doesn't help me in the sports i like so to me being at a lean 180lbs or around that means more then a number on a bench press or squat

dommer

Banned
Awards
over training....2hrs. in the gym is over kill.
2 hours covers my warm up my lifting my running and my cool down period my running is 30-45mins usulaly closer to the 30min mark so 2 hours really isnt a lot

dommer

Banned
Awards
WOW, AM is becoming very much like BB.com. And can everyone please stop with the name calling? I am sure not all of you want to sound like 12 year old girls.
get the **** out of my thread this is a place to go for name calling and over all childish behavior

dommer

Banned
Awards
He doesn't know what the fukc he's talking about. We are simply giving dommer exactly what he dishes out.
bring it on faggot you havent even got close to my **** talking level

if you want ill pm you some things to say so you can look original and actually pull a lol every now and then

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
bring it on faggot you havent even got close to my **** talking level

if you want ill pm you some things to say so you can look original and actually pull a lol every now and then

:FUfinger:

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
have fun looking like a cross country running twig