legs once a week versus 2x a week...

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
ok hopefully this is my last post regarding my routine...

my routine is currently like this:

mondays = back/chest (deadlifts, tbar rows bent over rows for back which i guess use legs here and there - more so the deads)

tues/wed = off or cardio if i cbf

thursday = legs (squats etc)
friday = arms/shoulders

Now I'm sitting here (its tuesday) and I'm thinking... what if I put my legs day on tuesday and another on fridays, and moved my arms/shoulder day down to thursday

ie: monday = chest/back
tues = legs
wed = off
thurs = arms/shoulders
friday = legs

I am wondering who else here does anything along these lines? Squats are the king exercise for mass so its really tempting but I am wondering whether my legs will recover in time between tues-friday, and also enough from fri-mon before i deadlift for my back workout?

I'm starting a 5x5 workout which I have read you're not meant to lift till failure on the 5th, just do the 5 (not too easy) and slowly every week or 2nd week add really really small amounts of weight

any suggestions would be appreciated

HEARTLESS

Awards
my leg days are usually wed and sunday.. heavy on one of the two days then light high rep on the other :)

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I squat 3 times a week. Been doing it for years now.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
I dont know how you do that.
I'll give 2x a week a go.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
It's easy actually, checkout Mark Rippetoe, Bill Starr, Glen Pendalay etc etc..

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Yea I have I just never decided to do some of those workouts cause some of them did say to squat 3x a week... I thought theres no way I could do that

Ah well ill post back in a few months with whatever results I have gained

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Yea I have I just never decided to do some of those workouts cause some of them did say to squat 3x a week... I thought theres no way I could do that

Ah well ill post back in a few months with whatever results I have gained
Ofcourse you can :)

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
all i know is that my legs arent even close to 100% after 2 days so yeah... we'll see

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
all i know is that my legs arent even close to 100% after 2 days so yeah... we'll see
You dont go to failure when squatting 3 times a week, it's based on progression from wo to wo..