P90-x

MTNMEDIC

Im about to begin this routine soon, had anybody tried it ?

tattoopierced1

I've not tried the whole thing, but I've heard good things about it. I did do the AB Ripper X video that my buddy gave me, and it was pretty challenging.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I did the ab program and the yoga one. My opinion on Yoga has changed ever since!

MTNMEDIC

Wow ! I asked the same question on other boards and heard good things also. Im excieted now thanks !

mikinTx

Just ordered this myself. My li'l bro said it kicked his a$$ so now I gotta get thru it (just to show him who's still boss ;)

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
I have done P90X three complete times and I am going to start P90X-Plus in a little bit here (just bought house, moving takes forever).

Without a doubt that routine is the best I've ever done. I've played soccer, wrestled, and done martial arts my entire life and a few of these workouts made the hardest days of my sports seem easy, espeically plyo-x.

It's all what you make it though. I went all out each and every time. Some days I actually had to stop the video short because I was going to throw up or did throw up.

Don't buy into their recovery drink though, just stick to your basic post workout stuff. Also, their pullup bar is insanely over priced. Just head to Walgreens and pick up that $30 bar they have there, I have it and it's awesome.

Hope this insight helps ya.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Never did the plyo workout. I might give it a try later on. I'm leaning down right now, and I'm scared to overdo cardio lol.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Never did the plyo workout. I might give it a try later on. I'm leaning down right now, and I'm scared to overdo cardio lol.
Plyo-x is absolutely insane if you follow it start to finish. The first time I did it I could not walk without immense pain in my muscles for about 6 days, maybe even longer. Once you get used to it though, it's such a great workout.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Wow lol. Sounds cool. But I need my legs to snowboard! :O

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
lol wow didnt realize it was that intense do u actually gain any muscle size from these workouts or is it all leaning out to get ripped not build any muscle?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
If youget ripped and lean out, you will mostly gain some muscles, but you will just be a more toned, but, in shape person. No you won't be a massive beast..

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
lol wow didnt realize it was that intense do u actually gain any muscle size from these workouts or is it all leaning out to get ripped not build any muscle?
I definitely put on some mass while doing P90X. Probably about 5 lbs of solid muscle while dropping some bodyfat.

I began around 190lbs with maybe 12-13% bodyfat, ended up around 196lbs with around a 10%. Nothing too huge but it was noticeable.

MTNMEDIC

You guy's got me really jacked now. thanks a bunch for the replies, y'all really gave some inspiration ! Some questions; hey aquanutz,.what diet plan approach did you do ?
And jjohn,.im looking foward to the snowboarding season too. jus waiting for some more snow here.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
I actually did not follow Tony's diet plan at all. I just continued on my regular diet.

Trust me, if you follow this to the fullest you will have insane results.

Just a warning though, if you are unable to do at least 7 consecutive pullups you are in for a world of hurt come back days. I could do around 10 in one set when I started... then my next was like 6, then 4, then 2... By the end of my first three months of P90X I was able to well over 20 wide grip pullups and my sets never fell below 10 reps. I also could do over 10 reps with a 50lbs dumbbell attached to me. P90X probably hits your back the most out of any other area. I loved it.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I'd tried it THREE times. Always got burnt out after the first month. DO NOT try to "cut" while using this program.
DO NOT try to "max out" each set, and don't strap unnecessary weight to you (i used to fill a backpack with weights for my pushups. I should have been doing perfect form/slow pushups and not powerpushups. major burnout)

And if you remember those two things, to have a caloric surplus and not overtrain, you may like it. I have yet to practice the two principles I just bestowed upon you with this program. But I've still got my disks. So, I can/will give it a go again someday when I'm feeling like beating my body to hell!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
You guy's got me really jacked now. thanks a bunch for the replies, y'all really gave some inspiration ! Some questions; hey aquanutz,.what diet plan approach did you do ?
And jjohn,.im looking foward to the snowboarding season too. jus waiting for some more snow here.
The show hills are up and running. Waiting for my Burton Custom to come in :D