My Workout

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Here is my workout I have been doing, feeling great!!!!

Day 1: shoulders

upright row 3x10
shrugs 4x8
military press 4x8
front raise/lat raise/bent raise 3x10

Day 2: back, bicept

dead lift 3x8
wide grip pulldown 3x8
rev grip pulldown 3x8
bent rows 3x8
seated rows 3x8
straight bar curls 3x10
preacher curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10

Day 3: Chest, Tri

Incline 3x8
falt bench 3x8
DB flat bench 3x6
Db Flys 3x10
tri ext 3x10
tri pulldowns 3x10
Dips 3x10

Day 4: legs, Abs

Squat 3x10
leg press 3x10
front raise 3x10
hammy curls 3x10
Ab routine (changes every time)

let me know what you think

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to do deadlifts at the beginning of your back workout, make sure you warm up a lot! I like doing my deadlifts towards the end of my back workout, often I do them as my last back exercise. There are so many muscles involved with deadlifts, I find that I'm more thoroughly warmed up towards the end of my workouts. Interestingly, I deadlift about the same amount of weight, and it feels better. Probably has something to do with my muscles already being acclimated for heavy lifting by then. But that's just my personal preference.

I'd replace pulldowns with pullups, if you can do them. The one benefit of pulldowns is that you can work with less than bodyweight poundages, but I wouldn't call them a substitute for pullups. I like to start my back routines with pullups, 5 sets to failure.

The biceps don't need 9 sets if you're doing them after your back routine. I like to give them "some" isolation work after my back routine though, but usually no more than 4 sets, and it's usually as isolating as possible: preacher curls, DB preacher curls. I do the bulk of my biceps training a few days later, when I train arms independently.

Don't forget about forearms and calves!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i really like this setup. the only thing i would change is to move the tricep exercises to

dips
Close grip bench
reverse grip tricep pushdowns

in that order. also, maybe sub a pulldown on back day for a pull up or chin. for spectacular bicep and lat mass, do chins with a shoulder wide grip.

thats all i got. looks good!

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
switching to chin ups, and pullups... also suncloud im hookin up your suggestion for tris... added calf raises as well!

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
oh, i am also adding forearms to shoulder day, since its a light day and lettin go of straight bar curls! thanks for the suggestions guys.. lookin forward to the changes next week

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
You could even superset close-grip bench with pushdowns (or any other triceps isolation exercise (extensions, strict kickbacks,ect.)) for some added intensity! Supersets are great if you use them right!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally, I find that if I don't perform my deadlifts first, they suffer dramatically. As was said, Deadlifts work so much of your body, and if I've already done a bunch of other movements, I just don't have it left in me to really make the most of one the best mass builders around.

I suppose it's just personal preference, but I always put the most difficult lift at the beginning of my workouts, so that I am fresh and at my strongest for those movements that require the most weight.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I find that if I don't perform my deadlifts first, they suffer dramatically. As was said, Deadlifts work so much of your body, and if I've already done a bunch of other movements, I just don't have it left in me to really make the most of one the best mass builders around.

I suppose it's just personal preference, but I always put the most difficult lift at the beginning of my workouts, so that I am fresh and at my strongest for those movements that require the most weight.
I always start my workouts with compound movements, including back day, but I guess I just feel better doing deadlifts towards the end. Then again, I'm not going for super heavy weights. At one point I was doing really heavy squats, and my legs ballooned up, but I didn't really like it. Since then I've lost some size I want to get back, but I don't like having really big legs. I'm wanting to be around 200-210lbs and cut. I've got a long way to go though.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can understand where you're coming from, and by no means am I disagreeing with you (you gotta do what works for you!). I'm just trying to give Tone some options.

Both methods have their advantages. :)