I want abs like that

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Ok, ran across this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvxEs39omSc"]YouTube - Amin's amazingly awesome abs[/ame]
Who got a routine that can get me and anyone else on here that want it?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Gotta remember genetics play a HUGE roll on the look and shape of your abs.

Nonfactor

Awards
hmmm once I get all this belly fat off of mine, hopefully it will look a tenth as good lol

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
i just want that dudes relaxed physique... he hardly had abs relaxed... just looked solid... thats what i want!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
there's no routine to change genetics.

Julio R

Awards
that **** reminded me of this Brazilian guy in the incredible hulk movie.

crazilyfter42

Awards
you want to look similiar to that...diet, test, gh....genetics will determine part of it too though.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Jeeeze, personally I figure most people find that disgusting. You have to remember, quite often I am told, on my quest to get bigger and shredded, that too much muscle doesn't look good. The general population fears the gym rat :lol:

Fear

Fear

Awards
Getting a nice, visible six pack is 90% fat loss and only 10% actual ab exercises. And even then, if you train like a beast on all your muscles, you're likely to be including your abs in your workouts anyway without even targeting them.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Jeeeze, personally I figure most people find that disgusting. You have to remember, quite often I am told, on my quest to get bigger and shredded, that too much muscle doesn't look good. The general population fears the gym rat :lol:
So true... its a select few of us that look at the pros like Jay Cutler or some other ripped as mofo and say "Thats awesome", teh general population for the most part will say "THATS DISGUSTING!"

Aggression

Aggression

Awards
Thats basically vaccum (abs) excersises.
I'm glad someone in this thread actually knows whats up. What he was doing was a vacuum pose, something bodybuilders today rarely practice.

Other than the vacuum exercise, abs are predetermined by genetics. You have to work them out, and get your bodyfat down to somewhere under 10% before your abs start to show bro.

The_KM

The_KM

Awards
You can continue to perform leg raises, crunches, curl-ups, rope pulls, etc. and very little will help improve the actual muscle belly of the abdomen. Most of the common ab exercises you see people doing in the gym do very little in overloading the abs. Most are hipflexor dominant exercises, using the abs as a stabilizer.

Furthermore, deadlifts, bench and other multi-joint exercises will recruit the abs far greater than in a casual crunch. The more musculature involved, the higher the stimulus must be.

Simply: drop the fat to the single digits, and naturally your abs should peak. The shape is predetermined.

KM

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Do any of you guys have a distended midsection? What are you doing to correct it? I have one, and it is said that the vacuum exercise should fix it.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
in one of his video's rickson gracie (if anyone follows mma) does stuff like that, but 50 times more and will make that guy look like an uncoordinated ab donkey in comparison. It's nuts...

slanno

slanno

Awards
Vacuums will help with a distended gut. Im doing them, dont know if i need to but i have noticed when i do weighted crunches my abs sink into my thoracic cavity more then push out.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
where the hell did his organs go? seriously, wtf, WHERE!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
I know the "general population" might say that doesn't look good, or the Cutlers and Colemans don't look good...but I think we can all agree that the general population is not what we train for! That's the beauty of the gym. "The iron doesn't lie to you!" We train for ourselves, and if we hit it for any other reason...well...our results will be limited.

(Sorry, one of those soap box moments...TRAIN HARD!!!!)

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
the thing with abs is, you can do all the ab work you want but without proper diet, it aint gonna happen

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks to me like he got those doing "Kegel Exercises!" HAHAHA!

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Do any of you guys have a distended midsection? What are you doing to correct it? I have one, and it is said that the vacuum exercise should fix it.
vacuum poses aren't hard you just have to keep practicing them. First time you do them they will hurt, and feel like a cramp. I read an article Arnold wrote like 5-6 years ago in one of my shiter mags while on the pot, and he said to practice them sitting down first, then standing. lol, so every time i sat on the pot for like a year i did vacuum poses, and i can still do them now. Even in a bulk @ around 14-15% bf, the difference is significant. I cant wait til i cut this summer and see the difference in vacuum poses.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
holy moly!!

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Yikes. I always have a problem with the lower abs sticking out too far... no its not fat... its hard... like the muscle has expanded too much. Will this vacuum routine help?

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Yikes. I always have a problem with the lower abs sticking out too far... no its not fat... its hard... like the muscle has expanded too much. Will this vacuum routine help?
idk you could try,.... i know between vacuum posing exercises and the "heavy" breathing squats and deads i do,( ill hold at top for 3-5 really deep breaths) they have widened my rib cage area. With vacuums you inhale as much as you can, push all the air out, then bring the abs back toward the spine as if trying to contract them doing a situp. So maybe if you try you can bring up the upper portion of the abs/ rib cage area, maybe balance it out a lil.