splits and sets

jasonmichel

Awards
currently i am trying a 3 day m w f split with some type of interval work on tue and thurs.
monday-legs/abs
weds-Chest Shoulders Tri
Fri Back/bicep/forearm

should i run my sets like circuit training ie doing multiple sets but do 1 set per excercise and go to next or should i just do my sets, take a set break and do second set and then move on to next exercise. Anyone enlighten me on what they've found works?

thanks

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
either do 1 exercise at a time or mix 2 exercises together(super/giant-sets)

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
2 options:
1. do 1 exercise at a time and complete all sets reps for that exercise before moving on to the next
2. superset: 2 exercises, an agonist and antagonist(ie. back/chest, quads/hams) so you would do 1 set of leg presses then 1 set of ham curls and repeat switching back and forth between those 2 exercises.

a monster set is the same principle except that you do 2 exercises for the same muscle group. ex. leg press+squat

i would just go with option 1 if your a beginner and just focus on your form for all your exercises. Good form should be drilled in from the get go:head:

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
a monster set is the same principle except that you do 2 exercises for the same muscle group. ex. leg press+squat
monster set. . . . . .haha. Its been a long day:icon_lol:

Giant set. . . . . . . incase anyones wondering