biceps-----peaking

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Does anyone out there have a specific exercise that peaks your biceps? I have found that the only thing does peaks mine are incline DB curls. cable curls will do it also but DB incline curls seem to really push them up. Currently I am using 40lb each side and got up to 13 reps today on rest pause. I probably could have gotten a few more but I gave up mentally on the first set and I kicked myself for giving up. But now as I type this out it has been 4 hours since then and the biceps are a bit sore.

I also do BB curls and preacher curls at the moment.

Marsh11

Marsh11

Awards
  • Established
Bicep Peak is all genetic in my opinion. Some people have it some dont. I dont, my BIs get big and round but not much peak. My buddy and I worked out together for years all the while I was much more dedicated to diet, supplementation etc.. He has a very large peak in his biceps. Since we were doing the same exercises together for the longest time I now realize it is genetic.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
I figure it is genetic as well. When you see some of the guys who compete some have peaking biceps and others don't. fortunately for mine I can get some peak out of them but only through incline db curls. They are insane when they are in the down position because it takes allout effort to pull them things up and it becomes a mental challenge but afterwards I feel it on the top of my biceps. Just amazing how that exercises works that particular part.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ya peak a good workout i dont know the name for it or if it is an actual workout and this is gunna be hard to explain, but at my gym theres this machine that has cables on top and bottom so 4 total, and i use the 2 top ones and stand in the middle of the cables and do curls its like a concentration curl only your standing and your arms are flat like paralles straight out and you just curl in if this makes sense thats a workout i do for peak, and after the exercise i flex that way to keep them peaked for more blood flow, hope this helps

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
ya peak a good workout i dont know the name for it or if it is an actual workout and this is gunna be hard to explain, but at my gym theres this machine that has cables on top and bottom so 4 total, and i use the 2 top ones and stand in the middle of the cables and do curls its like a concentration curl only your standing and your arms are flat like paralles straight out and you just curl in if this makes sense thats a workout i do for peak, and after the exercise i flex that way to keep them peaked for more blood flow, hope this helps
Yeah man the pully machine.. That's what I call it, pretty sure most gyms have one of those. I do that same exercise. I saw it in a magazine article about building bicep peaks. I usually do them last to finish my biceps off

Don't laugh at my girly wrists.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Concentration curls seem to work mine the best.

Agree on genetics though. I get complements on mine all the time but I really don't consider that I do anything a helluva lot differently (just better form than most dudes).

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
A lot of genetics here but you can work your brachialis muscle doing hammer curls which will help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
DemntedCowboy Natural Bodybuilding 83
enhanced Anabolics 11
u_e_s_i Training Forum 28
u_e_s_i Training Forum 13