TIPS Please- Help Me Get Back Into THe Routine - AnabolicMinds.com

TIPS Please- Help Me Get Back Into THe Routine

1. New Member
    Answers

TIPS Please- Help Me Get Back Into THe Routine

Hey everyone at Anabolic Minds,

Ok, so I have taken significant time off training (religiously) for about a year, meaning i've been going maybe only 3-4 days a week for th epast year.

Recently school has just started for University students, as I am one myself, I find it hard to build a routine around my schedule. My actual class times aren't the problem, it is the time I have to spend outside of class on projects, studying, etc.

My question is, how do I build a routine that allows for such flexibility, and when I do have the time, how do I make the best out of my workouts? How many muscles should I train, etc.

If any one out there has had to deal with this before and found a great way of training during times like this, please let me know! It's also hard to be motivated to go to the gym knowing that your grades are on the line.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

training as an hour a day my friend...i'd just stay away from peak times so you can keep your head clear to get in and get out. remind yourself to go everyday so if you miss one its not a big deal...if you have a gym on campus i'd use that!
  3. New Member
    Answers

Ya, I would say I have cut my workouts shorter, the on campus gym is really busy with kinesiology classes and is usually a hassle, plus the equipment is very dated. Dumbells are rusted and falling apart, etc, it sucks! But ya, I agree about trying to make it everyday....having an off day then missing a day because of school is very counterproductive, so plan for the unexpected I guess.

Thanks,

Also I am 21 and my cousin is trying to get me to go on a half cycle of anavar...any thoughts?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

What's a "half cycle"?

Since you said yourself that you took significant time off training seriously, you should be able to get back to where you were (and then some) in no time. Save the AAS for down the road, you'll be glad you did.

As far as the original question is concerned, I concur with ragin. A six day split, training 45-60 minutes a day, one body part at a time worked great for me in similar circumstances.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IronMarc View Post

Ok, so I have taken significant time off training (religiously) for about a year, meaning i've been going maybe only 3-4 days a week for th epast year.

Recently school has just started for University students, as I am one myself, I find it hard to build a routine around my schedule. My actual class times aren't the problem, it is the time I have to spend outside of class on projects, studying, etc.

My question is, how do I build a routine that allows for such flexibility, and when I do have the time, how do I make the best out of my workouts? How many muscles should I train, etc.

If any one out there has had to deal with this before and found a great way of training during times like this, please let me know! It's also hard to be motivated to go to the gym knowing that your grades are on the line.
    Going 3-4 days a week is taking significant time off?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Going 3-4 days a week is taking significant time off?
    It is for some people.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Answers

OCD people? lol
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Well, he did say it was time off training "religiously". Many BBers lift 5-6 days a week, so I can certainly see where he's coming from.

I consider a week with only 3 training days a "back off week" for myself.
  9. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IronMarc View Post

I would suggest you do three full body wourkouts a week,compound moves only,bench press, squat,deads,military press etc,in and out of the gym in 1 hr.As long as you're eating right you'll grow,and it'll give you plenty of time for your school work,and give you more flexibility in terms of what days you train.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noobster View Post
    Well, he did say it was time off training "religiously". Many BBers lift 5-6 days a week, so I can certainly see where he's coming from.

I consider a week with only 3 training days a "back off week" for myself.
    Well, some guys can afford to train like that. That many days a week needs massive ingestion of Kcals and supplements.JMO
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. tips for a big/ripped back
    By at1010 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
  2. My Routine!...tips plz
    By East1600Plus in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 10:57 PM
  3. Switching up the routine.... Help/suggestions/tips....
    By JordyRoc in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
  4. Switching up the routine.... Help/suggestions/tips....
    By JordyRoc in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
  5. Need some variety in my back routine
    By stryder in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 05:29 PM