Mike Tyson's Push Up Routine

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
No joke, this will make your deltoids look like you're wearing two bowling balls under your shirt. This gives me a more intense burn in my delts than I could get from any press or raise in any gym.

WARNING: this routine will work and blow up your chest and shoulders

do 10 pushups-----> then raise your hands to the cieling for 10 seconds
then immediately do 9 pushups and raise your hands to the cieling

then 8 pushups......
(raise hands 10 seconds)
then 7........

all the way down to 1 pushup.

Inbetween sets, always raise your hands to the cieling and count to ten. Do not hold your hands together, put your hands up like someones got an AK47 in your ugly face.

Try it out for a few weeks, and see if you can still reach your ass crack after you've dropped the browns off at the superbowl.

See you on the otherside

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
So how is this Tyson's push up gig? Did he tell you?

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
I imagine that raising your arms lowers the bloodflow, but why would that be any more effective?

Pikaberdot

Pikaberdot

Awards
Tysons' trainer must have been in the military.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I was actually very curious about this, and tried it earlier.
My shoulders did burn like a mofo. Regardless if it is used by Tyson or not, it seems to work.

bigdude08

bigdude08

Awards
Good call BloodLine. I just got back from the gym, and i did this push up routine, along with the same routine using pullups. I did each one twice. I am now officially sore as hell. Good sore though, kind of like the sore you get when you haven't been to the gym in a while. This will be added to my program. Nice info

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
id like to know how you know this is tyson's, did you find and repost?

i would think the hands being raised adds to the burn, it should keep the blood there and keep your shoulders working between reps.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
following programs by professionals is rather shotty sometimes as somebody like tyson was a very special athlete and no matter what he did he was going to be what he was...it wasnt a push-up routine. Not a shot to anyone I am just saying.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
following programs by professionals is rather shotty sometimes as somebody like tyson was a very special athlete and no matter what he did he was going to be what he was...it wasnt a push-up routine. Not a shot to anyone I am just saying.
its not like it was posted so we could be like Mike lol. Its just another way of working out for people to try.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I think after so many arrests, Tyson got the hands up part down packed. Or, maybe while in prison and doing so many pushups to pass time, he always had to put his hands up so they could search him to make sure he did not bite someones' ear off and got it hidden on him somewhere. I am just saying.........:icon_lol: But seriously, that will be my close out routine after a chest workout. If I miss the gym, I can do that at home, except maybe I will try to start from maybe 15 or 20.

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
WE ARE......................

Big game this weekend. Any of you PSU peeps goin to game? I'll be there!

Might have to try this out. Great way to get a good workout if you cant hit the gym.

bluedevilsrul

Awards
my brothers friend is actually studying nutrition in college and he came across this. tyson did these while he was in jain to stay in shape and wrote someting about it. ive tried them. they burn like a motherr

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
damn, i could use some canonball shoulders. Ima incorporate this into my bulking routine which i'm dying to get back into.

sw0l31

Awards
Funny I'm in the military and we do these during PT but I liek to start at 5 and work up to 25 then back down.. I do agree they do work your upper body out pretty good..

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
the hands overraised is something i've tried before, it was actually part of a wrestling practice routine I used in high school.

it takes quite a bit of static contraction to hold the arms overhead, and it seems to exponentially become harder. meanign if you just held your hands up, say for a roller coaster ride momentarily, it feels meangingless, but 20 seconds later it becomes harder already as you feel a burn..

i doubt it builds any muscle, but i think it'd be beneficial for

1.) a mind muscle connection
2.) pump before gettin onstage
3.) active recovery pump

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna try this for 30 days and see if it makes a difference and post back instead of saying it will or won't work without even doing it.....

See you on the other side...maybe.....:p

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's only 55 push-ups. Is this to be done multiple times during the day? You can do son gods/arm circles or just plain raise your hands above your head and hold them there and eventually will feel a burn. That does not necessarily indicate significant muscle growth. Having been in the military for sometime now and push-ups, son gods/arm circles conjoining in this manner or close to are a guarantee. However, you do not see people with massive shoulders walking around everywhere. If this works for anyone then more power to them.

That being said, push-ups are definitely a must exercise and laddering or pyramiding are great, but 55? Really? Only 55?

sw0l31

Awards
Push up routine

I think that I may have been misunderstood as to how we do ours.. we do a pyramid up from 5 to 25 so 5 push ups then raise arms 6 then raise arms then 7 then raise arms all the way up to 25 then back down from 25 down to 5

Doubravkody

Awards
I just did them, i def. felt a burn but its alredy gone, I liked them tho, I dont think they are good enough to do just by themselves, but I think I am going to do them at the end of my shoulder/ trap day, so they will already be wiped, this shuld finish them off, good exercise though

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i tried them too, not bad, there was some work going on but muscle growth as far as hypertrophy goes....doubtful its effective but strength wise it will help. I imagine bumping it up every so often: week 1 start at 10, week 2 start at 15, etc, etc, if you could start from 50 and do this way you would be a pushup beast.

Kurruptive

Kurruptive

Awards
sounds like a good excercise for begginers to try, probably won't be AS beneficial for the more experienced..

you'd think he would've made a routine for squats, seeing as they make cons do the old "squat and cough" nowadays.

Justright88

Awards
This is very similar to workouts I do for PT. Another suggestion is to do as many pushups as you can for 2 minutes, then clap your hands above your head for a minute (you will look stupid but its a great shoulder workout). Rest and repeat lowering the time as you go.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
never heard of anything like it i will have to give it a try.

sw0l31

Awards
this is a good addition to a regular work out you could work them in on a chest day (super set) to really get an awesome upper body pump..

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
piston pump, from 50 would be 1275 push ups. PUSH UPS. not strokes on your cock

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
When i was in boot we called em' pyramid workouts, either way i thought they were only for Pull-ups. Threw em into my routine for push ups, and bicycle kicks... there is something there, cause im sore as ****.

... Maybe i can find a way to use this style for my treadmill...

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
This will help me when I go back home next week. The local gym costs $10 a day so I will probably go once, like Wednesday, and then do stuff like this at home along with throwing around my old weights. You know, the weights with the sand in them.. :clean:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think after so many arrests, Tyson got the hands up part down packed. Or, maybe while in prison and doing so many pushups to pass time, he always had to put his hands up so they could search him to make sure he did not bite someones' ear off and got it hidden on him somewhere. I am just saying.........:icon_lol: But seriously, that will be my close out routine after a chest workout. If I miss the gym, I can do that at home, except maybe I will try to start from maybe 15 or 20.

You got it lol actually this is more like a prison pushup routine (seriouslly).

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The raised arms [as pinched said] form a static contraction at the end of a sustained eccentric:concentric set - you know, sort of like the ones everybody should be doing anyway at the end of each set. ;)

It is not just 55 pushups as the tension built throughout is not released in earnest. It would be valuable as a final exercise on Chest/Shoulder day.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i did this today... it seemed quite easy... but there was a pump in my shoulders which i never felt.... i think the fact it's 55 pushups makes it easy....

allen70

Awards
Isn't the burn you get from a workout like this mostly lactic acid build up? Sure it feels like youre working hard, but I'm not sold on the muscle building aspects of it. I too am in the military and we used to do this 3x a week for PT. People in my shop are far from walking around with boulders as shoulders.

Not putting the workout down. Just adding my two cents. It does have its place in a workout program.

I'm a little late, but I hope everyone had Merry Christmas.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
it's increased blood flow and lactic acid i'd say..

but 55 pushups seems easy...

i think if a person was to do it the pyramid way. Start at 10 , go to 1, and go back up to 10, i'd would be much better workout

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
talked to tyson the other day about this.. he seemed to have no idea why ppl were claiming he invented this??

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
talked to tyson the other day about this.. he seemed to have no idea why ppl were claiming he invented this??

i guess someone probably just saw him do them and named it that.
Kind of like how there's the shoulder press and then there's the Arnold Press. I'm sure Arnold Presses were used well before Arnold even was around.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HAHA! :lol:

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
build up of lactic acid to do oxygen deficiency