Problems with motivation.

Eject

Eject

Awards
Hi.

I used to come to this board a bit (mostly reading, learning)

A while back I developed an anxiety disorder which coincidentally came after a superdrol (methyl dx3 clone) cycle.

My doctor prescribed me to ABILIFY, after i had just broken up with my cumdumpster of a girlfriend. My doctor didnt communicate properly with the psychiatrist, and they ended up giving me drugs that interact.

For months I was having lots of problems with ****, they kept bouncing me from one medication to the next.
For the record this was easily the worst experience of my life.

I lifted for a long time and really enjoyed it...each time i stepped into the gym i felt the same level of passion for lifting.

Now after drug after drug ive gained 25lbs of fat, I have 1 pack abs insteadof 10pack...lol...
And i just feel like **** because of poor lifestyle habits now..

I want to internalize my old habits of eating frequently, healthy, and consistant lifting

Im ready to start again...

I miss being healthy and having good body composition...

I feel like it was taken away from me because of my doctors malpractice (yes I am taking legal action)

How do i find the motivation to begin again?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
go in light, easy, and realize you can get back what you had. within a month i guarantee you'll find your own motivation. just get over the first week jitters.

Fear

Fear

Awards
I know what you mean man. People lose motivation every once in a while, due to many different situations (drugs, relationships, slow progress, etc.)

I think the best thing to do to boost your motivation is to just force yourself to hit the gym for a few weeks. Take it easy, like Suncloud said, but make sure you're still working hard. This may seem like a really redundant answer, but once you start working out again, you will feel a lot better and get your energy back. You'll also feel like your making progress again, which is a great motivator.

Another tip I learned a while back is to just close your eyes for a minute, and picture yourself in the future body that you want. Really feel yourself become that person, and eventually you will get there. Always set your goals higher than where you are. Hope that little bit helps, good luck.

G

GXbcmFTO

Awards
Hi.

I used to come to this board a bit (mostly reading, learning)

A while back I developed an anxiety disorder which coincidentally came after a superdrol (methyl dx3 clone) cycle.

My doctor prescribed me to ABILIFY, after i had just broken up with my cumdumpster of a girlfriend. My doctor didnt communicate properly with the psychiatrist, and they ended up giving me drugs that interact.

For months I was having lots of problems with ****, they kept bouncing me from one medication to the next.
For the record this was easily the worst experience of my life.

I lifted for a long time and really enjoyed it...each time i stepped into the gym i felt the same level of passion for lifting.

Now after drug after drug ive gained 25lbs of fat, I have 1 pack abs insteadof 10pack...lol...
And i just feel like **** because of poor lifestyle habits now..

I want to internalize my old habits of eating frequently, healthy, and consistant lifting

Im ready to start again...

I miss being healthy and having good body composition...

I feel like it was taken away from me because of my doctors malpractice (yes I am taking legal action)

How do i find the motivation to begin again?

Hey Brother,

Something similar happened to me, I was 215 @ 13% bf and then my dad killed himself, and up until about 4-5 months ago I was in a bad way. I was all screwed up in the head and my marriage was going south cause I wouldn't communicate with her and we were always fighting.

Finally (after a couple years of getting fat and being unhappy/depressed)I let her know that I was still all effed up (which Im sure she knew heh) and I decided to say eff it and start hitting the gym again cause I hated being a lazy slo-mo fat-ass. (I blew up to 230 @ 26% bf YUCK!)

Since I've been back in the gym I've felt great and the lbs have flew off (201 atm @ 15-16% bf) and I'm started to look a whole hell of a lot better.

It may be awkward at first seeing bigger guys at the gym, still kinda is for me, but I pushed thru it, and now they look at me like I'm insane when I do my circuits hah!

Don't worry about what anyone thinks, you're doing it for you to be happy with yourself, not for them! Once you get started, you will start to see strength gains and some fat lbs coming off then that will fuel your motivation!

Keep your head up and your weights high!
~GX

G

GXbcmFTO

Awards
Also for motivation I like to log my workouts here on the workout tracker, along with the diet. For me it keeps me going on days I don't feel like hitting the gym.

~GX

Ryno703

Ryno703

Awards
Set short and long term goals. Try to have a goal for every lift session.