Tuesday - Shoulders & Traps

Behind-the-neck military presses - 12, 10, 8, 6

Seated dumbbell presses - 8, 8, 8

Side dumbbell laterals - 3 supersets of 10 to 12 Reps
Superset with - Front dumbbell raises

Incline Rear delt dumbbell raise - 8, 8, 8

DB Shrugs - 10, 10

Upright Rows - 10, 10
Make your first set your heaviest, then decrease the poundage on the 2nd set. You should fail in the rep range listed.

Wednesday - Back & Biceps

Chin ups or Pull downs - 12, 12

T - Bar rows - 10, 8, 6, 6

Dead lifts - 12, 12, 12

Seated rows - 10, 8, 6, 6

EZ - bar curls - 8, 8, 8 with same weight (bring the weight up quickly and then lower slowly)

Before Bed

Crunches - 25, 25, 20, 15

Reverse Crunches - 25, 20, 15, 10

Leg Raises - 15, 12, 10, 8

Thursday - 20 Rep Squat

Squat - 20

DB Pullovers - 20

Friday - Chest and Triceps

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 8, 8, 8

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Flat Dumbbell Fly - 8, 8, 8

Decline Machine Bench Press - 8, 8, 8

Cable Pushdown - 10, 10, 10

Weighted Dips - 10, 8

Dips - 1 x Failure

Saturday - Calves, Hams

Seated Calf Machine - 12,10,8

Donkey Calf Raises - 12,10,10

Standing Calf Raises - 12,10,10,8

Seated Leg Curls - 12,10,8

Lying Leg Curls - 10, 8, 8

Before Bed

Crunches - 25, 25, 20, 15

Reverse Crunches - 25, 20, 15, 10

Leg Raises - 15, 12, 10, 8

Sunday - Rest

Last edited:
suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
2 days too many IMO. and in the future, IGF-2 might not do a 17 year old a whole lot of good - though if it helps you sleep better its probably OK.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
2 days too many IMO. and in the future, IGF-2 might not do a 17 year old a whole lot of good - though if it helps you sleep better its probably OK.
But the other 2 days are for abs n obliques so how would that be bad or overtraining?
the igf has given me good results before in strength n sleep is really good 2

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Im gonna start this split on monday so i need opinions n help asap n i dont wanna start without u guys aprovals n opinions so im thinken bout take sunday n thursday out

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
But the other 2 days are for abs n obliques so how would that be bad or overtraining?
the igf has given me good results before in strength n sleep is really good 2
If the IGF is helping you sleep, than rock on with it. I wasn't sure if a GH booster would apply to someone your age.

I would do abs on another day, maybe before bedtime but on chest or back day. A couple days off will help your body recover better.

Other than that, your workout looks decent, a couple mass builders in each workout except for triceps. If you'd like to add tricep mass add in either dips or close grip bench.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
If the IGF is helping you sleep, than rock on with it. I wasn't sure if a GH booster would apply to someone your age.

I would do abs on another day, maybe before bedtime but on chest or back day. A couple days off will help your body recover better.

Other than that, your workout looks decent, a couple mass builders in each workout except for triceps. If you'd like to add tricep mass add in either dips or close grip bench.
Thanks alot suncloud ur a legend :box:

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
I second the close grip! I like to superset skull crushers into close grip really gets the arms going!

See how this split works for you you may feel that some lifts will suffer if that is the case adjusting your workouts could be needed.

At that age your recovery tiem should be great but listen to your body if it wants another day then give it to it!

Just a personal thing but I have tried training chest and tri's on the same day and it sucked! By the time your done with benching I felt my triceps where to exhausted and my lifts suffered then. Again this is something that happened for me but everyone is diffrent.

Almost forgot to ask but what are your goals?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
for mass, your workout looks pretty solid. just be careful with the behind the neck presses - they're hard on the rotator cuff.

looks like your workout should be pretty decent for getting bigger. make sure you break 90 degrees on your squats and you'll do good with your workout setup.

do you by chance know your height, weight, as well as body type?

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Supplements:
WPI
Multivitamin
Creatine
IGF2
RPM
Weight Gainer
For mass you are doing very well I believe one thing I bolded there is the weightgainer...

IMO save the money and buy some nomral protein (Nutra has 5lb of All the Whey for 30$

Weight gainers can be good if your really 'on the go' but should not be used in place of solid meals whenever possible. Nothing is going to helps as much as good solid meals and real food!

Not to say they don't have their place but I think money could be better spent on good protein and solid food.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
do you by chance know your height, weight, as well as body type?
im 5ft10

and 180pounds

and i think im an endomorph cause im deffinetly not ecto and i dont have a natural muscely apparence, i had to work for it so im pretty sure im endo

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
For mass you are doing very well I believe one thing I bolded there is the weightgainer...

IMO save the money and buy some nomral protein (Nutra has 5lb of All the Whey for 30$

Weight gainers can be good if your really 'on the go' but should not be used in place of solid meals whenever possible. Nothing is going to helps as much as good solid meals and real food!

Not to say they don't have their place but I think money could be better spent on good protein and solid food.
i use the weight gainer for postworkout drink when i cant get the extra carbs in the time between finishing at the gym and going home

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Good deal! Like I said they have their place and that sounds like one of them. I just hate seeing people that rely on them for 50% of their kcal intake for the day and wonder why they don't put on good muscle mass.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Good deal! Like I said they have their place and that sounds like one of them. I just hate seeing people that rely on them for 50% of their kcal intake for the day and wonder why they don't put on good muscle mass.
true that cause the reality is if the food intake is lousy, the results will be lousy. supplements only work well with a good diet

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
i was wondering if i should add in a 20 rep squat immediatly followed by dumbell pullovers for 20 reps in on friday's workout or would that be overkill?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i was wondering if i should add in a 20 rep squat immediatly followed by dumbell pullovers for 20 reps in on friday's workout or would that be overkill?
20 rep squats either on thursday or friday should be fine. probably thursday IMO, though try both days out. the question is really recovery. usually your legs can recover in 72 hours, unless you've had a particularly grueling workout. either the 20 reppers are going to get to you, or your leg day will, and i honestly don't know which one will do more damage. my gut says the 20 reppers will. its a great way to get some more test flowing though, and i've used two leg days a week to my advantage, so definitely give it a try.

man i wish i started this at 17. with dedication and hard work you will be massive.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
thanks for your guys help so far. im gonna add it in so far my 20 rep squat is with 55 kilos but im gonna try amp it up to 75 kilos at the end of the month

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
I was thinking of taking out the 20 rep squat out of the week cause my quads are smashed from mondays routine n putting in saturday's routine in instead on thursday and do abs on staurday so it would look like this:

Monday - Quads

Tuesday - Shoulders and Traps

Wednesday - Back and Biceps

Thursday - Calves and Hams

Friday - Chest and Triceps

Saturday - Abs and Obliques

It will also give my legs 3 more days of recovery befoe i smash them again

Feedback ASAP is greatly appreciated as it is Thursday tomorrow.

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
IF you move the squats to SAT do you think your legs will be ready by monday for your quad day?

Like Sun had said thur/Fri would be suited well even though the legs are large muscles if you push them as hard as other body parts they will tkae a good day or two to recover.

It is a personal thing but I like to be fully recovered before I do a body part again because each time I do one I want it to be all 100%

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
IF you move the squats to SAT do you think your legs will be ready by monday for your quad day?

It is a personal thing but I like to be fully recovered before I do a body part again because each time I do one I want it to be all 100%
I wouldn't be 100% Recovered cause my quad day's intensity completly destroys my quad to the point were its painful 2 walk even on wednesday but the pain is good :).

Thats why i think my monday's quad routine is good enough and was thinking that i might need more recovery time for my legs thats why i was thinking to move it down to thursdasy, what do you think about the six day split?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
:nono: behind the neck presses....do regular military

lower the deads, maybe 5-5-5-5-5

no real need for decline bench imo

try 5 sets of 15 reps with one excercise for calves.

just my opinion

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be 100% Recovered cause my quad day's intensity completly destroys my quad to the point were its painful 2 walk even on wednesday but the pain is good :).

Thats why i think my monday's quad routine is good enough and was thinking that i might need more recovery time for my legs thats why i was thinking to move it down to thursdasy, what do you think about the six day split?
I know my legs will hurt for a good two days after a heavy leg day that is one of the reasons why I suggest having a good amount of time off between the workouts for full recovery.

Personally I like two do an upper body day then a lower body day then back to upper body the split allows me to have more time off between muscle groups.

The big thing here is enough time to rest you can do a 6 day split but you need to give each muscle group enough time off between workouts.

It all comes down to how you feel but overtraining is one of those things that can creep up on you. It might take a few weeks but it will catch up.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
add hams and calves with quad day, a total leg day.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Monday - Quads

Tuesday - Shoulders and Traps

Wednesday - Back and Biceps

Thursday - Calves and Hams

Friday - Chest and Triceps + 20 rep squats

Saturday - Abs and Obliques

It will also give my legs 3 more days of recovery befoe i smash them again

Feedback ASAP is greatly appreciated as it is Thursday tomorrow.
how about something like that? you should be recovered from quads by then.

or as piston said make monday a total leg day.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
based on the groupings you have ex. chest tri , back bi, trap shoulder, i would order them differently
mon- quads, hams, calves, abs
tue- chest tri
wed- rest
thur- back bi
fri- 20rep squat abs (core)
sat- delt trap
sun- rest

something of that nature.