When you take a break from training do you continue supplement use?
- 10-04-2008, 08:03 PM
- 10-04-2008, 08:59 PM
When I was training, for most of last year, I would train very hard for 3-5 weeks and take 5-7 days off. I wasn't using a lot of supps, but I continued using fish oil and casein protein. If you are bulking it will benefit you to keep calories up.
If the supplement is not directly related to the workout, it's fine to keep taking. On the other hand, it's always a good idea to take a one week break from any supplement other than perhaps protein powder (which is not necessary, only convenient), so there's no harm allowing the "breaks" to coincide.
PS, now I am trying for 8 weeks on, 1 "deload" week. We'll see how that works. I'm also going to rotate my program less frequently.
- 10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
10-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Your supposed to eat for gains during this time. and take recovery supplements to the max.
This is an area I could use work on. like some say take this supplement and that supplement during this time...If I have the money for it, yeah. If i don't I just don't.
Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I take all the basics when I take a week off.
Similar Forum Threads
- By projectred in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 13Last Post: 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
- By Proteinpowda in forum Bodybuilding Contest PreperationReplies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2006, 11:33 PM
- By parttimer in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-06-2006, 01:43 PM
- By D_town in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-18-2004, 10:10 PM
- By jcam222 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2004, 08:26 PM