When you take a break from training do you continue supplement use?
- 10-04-2008, 09:03 PM
- 10-04-2008, 09:59 PM
When I was training, for most of last year, I would train very hard for 3-5 weeks and take 5-7 days off. I wasn't using a lot of supps, but I continued using fish oil and casein protein. If you are bulking it will benefit you to keep calories up.
If the supplement is not directly related to the workout, it's fine to keep taking. On the other hand, it's always a good idea to take a one week break from any supplement other than perhaps protein powder (which is not necessary, only convenient), so there's no harm allowing the "breaks" to coincide.
PS, now I am trying for 8 weeks on, 1 "deload" week. We'll see how that works. I'm also going to rotate my program less frequently.
10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
10-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Your supposed to eat for gains during this time. and take recovery supplements to the max.
This is an area I could use work on. like some say take this supplement and that supplement during this time...If I have the money for it, yeah. If i don't I just don't.
Facebook John Smeton Fitness
10-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Go Away in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
- By Super Saiyan in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
- By methusaleh in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 04-01-2006, 04:20 AM
- By MaDmaN in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 10-05-2004, 12:57 PM
- By mcQ in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 05-24-2003, 07:21 AM