Muscle Recovery Time

Kalakbar

Awards
Recently, been doing a fair bit of cycling, both first thing fasted for about half an hour, and then after dinner for an hour or so, six days a week. Intensity goes from moderate at about 110 heart rate, to very intense at around 180 when I'm powering up a hill passing traffic (the area I live in is basically one giant hill).

My question is that should I avoid doing cycling after my leg/shoulder routine to give the muscle more time for recovery? I am not sure if the cycling is interfering with muscle recovery, but during my ride today my quads were BURNING. I drink a ton of BCAAs, and my diet macros are 200 CHO 250 PRO 80 FAT daily.

Thanks
Matt.

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
How much sleep are you getting?

Main recovery time is when you sleep and not getting enough can greatly effect how quickly you recover

What does your leg routine look like?
If it is a good heavy leg day I would suggest simply cutting on the cycling for that day so your mucles are i nthe best shape to do a good heavy leg workout.

You also might want to only cycle once the day after your leg workout I know I am normally pretty sore the next day if I do heavy squats and leg press.

Honestly I don't know what your goals are but cycling that much a week sounds crazy. Given a nice slow bike ride is really not going to hinder your gains that much but sheesh hehe :)

Kalakbar

Awards
How much sleep are you getting?

Main recovery time is when you sleep and not getting enough can greatly effect how quickly you recover

What does your leg routine look like?
If it is a good heavy leg day I would suggest simply cutting on the cycling for that day so your mucles are i nthe best shape to do a good heavy leg workout.

You also might want to only cycle once the day after your leg workout I know I am normally pretty sore the next day if I do heavy squats and leg press.

Honestly I don't know what your goals are but cycling that much a week sounds crazy. Given a nice slow bike ride is really not going to hinder your gains that much but sheesh hehe :)
Normally get around 9-10 hours of sleep a night, depending on if I had a heavy workout the day before. Thankfully, I have a job that lets me sleep until noon most days :p

My leg workouts tend be really brutal, with a lot of squats and lunges, finishing off with some calves and hamstrings.

I'm currently 6'1" 281 lbs at approximately 26% bodyfat. My goal is 260 at 18% bodyfat by the end of the year. The morning cycles tend to be less intense (since it is fasted, and I don't want to lose any muscle I've busted my ass to get), but the after dinner cycles tend to have a lot of hills and a lot of powering along with road traffic. The amount of cardio seems a bit excessive, but being an endomorph fat loss without cardio is much slower than with it (in my personal experience).

I probably will replace to cycling after leg workout with some time on the heavy bag.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
Normally get around 9-10 hours of sleep a night, depending on if I had a heavy workout the day before. Thankfully, I have a job that lets me sleep until noon most days :p

My leg workouts tend be really brutal, with a lot of squats and lunges, finishing off with some calves and hamstrings.

I'm currently 6'1" 281 lbs at approximately 26% bodyfat. My goal is 260 at 18% bodyfat by the end of the year. The morning cycles tend to be less intense (since it is fasted, and I don't want to lose any muscle I've busted my ass to get), but the after dinner cycles tend to have a lot of hills and a lot of powering along with road traffic. The amount of cardio seems a bit excessive, but being an endomorph fat loss without cardio is much slower than with it (in my personal experience).

I probably will replace to cycling after leg workout with some time on the heavy bag.
im not a big fan of fasting then training in the mourn espeaicaly being a big boy you need that carb kick start.

try not eating any carbs after 3 pm and lower the bulking sessions and increase reps increase cardio

Kalakbar

Awards
im not a big fan of fasting then training in the mourn espeaicaly being a big boy you need that carb kick start.

try not eating any carbs after 3 pm and lower the bulking sessions and increase reps increase cardio
I don't do any weight training fasted--right after the morning cycle (take BCAAs before and during) I get breakfast (550ish kCals, 80 CHO, 40 PRO, 10 FAT worth of oats, blueberries, whey, and milk).

Back before I knew things, I always did heavy weightlifting on an empty stomach, and frequently didn't eat for hours after the workout. Needless to say, I was introduced to a new definition of pain and suffering as my muscles ate themselves.

My carb consumption these days (200 grams) starts of heavy with breakfast, another good chunk post workout, and then is pretty much stopped by 6pm or so. The idea behind the evening cycling is the consume any remaining carbs that would otherwise be deposited.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
I don't do any weight training fasted--right after the morning cycle (take BCAAs before and during) I get breakfast (550ish kCals, 80 CHO, 40 PRO, 10 FAT worth of oats, blueberries, whey, and milk).

Back before I knew things, I always did heavy weightlifting on an empty stomach, and frequently didn't eat for hours after the workout. Needless to say, I was introduced to a new definition of pain and suffering as my muscles ate themselves.

My carb consumption these days (200 grams) starts of heavy with breakfast, another good chunk post workout, and then is pretty much stopped by 6pm or so. The idea behind the evening cycling is the consume any remaining carbs that would otherwise be deposited.

yea good, the extra heavy lifts are what causes the etra hunger. keep going like that and you should loose weight just remeber its not a race, slow and steady.