the pain of not working out legs

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
alright, its been 3~4 weeks since i last worked out my legs, so this Monday morning i get in the gym and break out my legs workout routine.

I had a good workout and kept all the weights low to avoid any injuries, by the end of the workout i felt that i still had energy and my legs did not feel sore. through out the whole day i felt that i had not punished my legs enough (I'm thinking i gotta do that again soon)

then come Tuesday morning, legs started to feel sore when taking regular walks, at home everyone is sick w/ some kind of viruses. I ended up catching something and by mid day my body is totally stressed from my legs workout my supplements are not working b/c my legs hurt like hell, and this virus is taking over with a watering eyes, sore throat and the whole body aches.

I dont know for sure that my legs workout are related to catching this virus but my body sure was under more stress than usual

last night slept like sh!t, kept waking up and my legs are still bothering (i gotta plan my bathroom visits accordingly now)

The morale of my story is, don't be skipping your legs workouts.

now i can go back to my pain, thx for listening

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
had sort of the same thing happen to me last week. i took 3 weeks off of legs because i had a PT test for a police dept. 2 weeks ago and i wanted my legs to be "fresh" and because working legs made me suffer "shin splints" more than usual. but anyway, last week i thought "it might be good to do legs, nothing crazy, just 8 sets of squats, i do not know WTF i was thinking. 4 days later and my legs were still hurtin, could not walk fast or run or nothing. going up and down stairs was brutal. and i wasn't even sick

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
after not working my legs for some time I'll be sore for a good 2~4 days but after working them on regular basis it only lasts 1~2 days.

It just so happen that this time my timing was really bad specially when everyone at home was getting sick.

I'll have to keep working them more often to reduce the soreness time.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
try not working your legs for 6 months....
..... :(

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
pssstpssst, not working your legs out for so long. :p

No, I hope you start feeling better. Leg workouts really are killer after taking such a break. But that soreness is good, it means you are working your legs hard, and they will get stronger as time goes on. :D

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain, I have knee issues that come and go so some months I can hit legs every week, others I might miss 4-5 weeks. It sucks

Tyler1

Tyler1

Awards
I'm on my 8th week surgery break from lifting legs, I swear muscle tone in your legs leaves instatntly when you don't lift them. I'm still on crutches, and should be for a while longer, I'm going to be inserious trouble my next leg day...not really I'm going to have to take it really slow.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
taking it slow is the key and i thought i was going just that... i had reduced all my lifts but i guess not by enough

life hurts right now... when i sit at the toilet my legs hurt... even when sitting on my wallet.

I guess i'll have to take one day at time, one step at time, one stair at time, one sh!t at a time ;)

Tyler1

Tyler1

Awards
taking it slow is the key and i thought i was going just that... i had reduced all my lifts but i guess not by enough

life hurts right now... when i sit at the toilet my legs hurt... even when sitting on my wallet.

I guess i'll have to take one day at time, one step at time, one stair at time, one sh!t at a time ;)
LOL, good luck to you man, DOMS...fun stuff.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took almost 2 years off from serious leg training for MMA. I still pretty much half-ass them nowadays, but thigh size has never been a problem for me.