Does Music Lead to Gains

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
Question is does quality music help with motivation which leads to bigger gains? IE Ipods?

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
I would have to say that yes it does. At the very least it can get you psyched up on your way to/entering the gym. I've never tried having an Ipod on whilst lifting, seems like a bit of a disaster waiting to happen.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
There have been studys that heavy metal music played to plants stimulated more growth than plants that had classical or more laid back music.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I always get some music going on the way to the gym. Gets me psyched up then the RPM kicks in :D

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
anything that keeps your intensity up will make your lifts better. unless you can get in "the zone" where you absolutely tune out to the easy listening playing in the background, it will make a noticeable difference.

the test: do a max squat day when "bringing sexy back" is playing on your ipod, then try it with ministry's new world order.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I read a study in Men's Health that said music does increase intensity. It makes perfect sense. I zone into the music instead of dwelling on the pain.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I've definately felt the effects of training without music since my mp3 broke. The gym at school usually plays garbage...

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I've definately felt the effects of training without music since my mp3 broke. The gym at school usually plays garbage...
Yeah...I've had my battery die on me before. Chris Brown and Mariah Carey don't do much for intensity.