Who can help with my workout routine??

jbarriga777

jbarriga777

Awards
I'm going to make this quick...
I got my hours at work changed I now work 3-12 hour shifts
sat. sun. and Mon. I need a routine that can let me workout on my 4 days off but also give me acquit rest for my muscles.
I'm going to start adding 30 Min's cardio walking at an incline at the end of my workout. So i was thinking,

tues = chest, abs, calves Cardiod
wed = arms (bi's, tri's and forearms) cardio
Thurs= shoulders abs cardio
fri= legs calves maybe cardio (not sure cause my legs would probably give out)

thanks for your help
Josh :dance:

buster12

Awards
First of all it is apreciated that your not an idiot who just does sum routine you feel like doin. You are smart enough to ask others and that is a very smart thing.A couple of things that you must do.
1. Workout back. ( i recommend doing legs thur, and doin back and shoulders on fri)
2. Make sure to feed your body adequetly 4 days in a row is tough, no matter how hardcore you are.)
3. Your cardio suggests that you are trying to get a bit leaner. So on your days off i would try light carbs on sat medial carbs on sun & you may add a cheat meal. On monday start introducing more carbs for a positive glycogen rebound. This will also help because you won't look blown up on tues when you go high carb.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Try:

monday=chest/shoulders
tuesday=back/traps
wednesday=off
thursday=arms
friday=legs/calves

or

monday=chest/tri
tuesday=back/bi
wednesday=off
thursday=shoulders/traps
friday=legs/calves

buster12

Awards
Try:

monday=chest/shoulders
tuesday=back/traps
wednesday=off
thursday=arms
friday=legs/calves

or

monday=chest/tri
tuesday=back/bi
wednesday=off
thursday=shoulders/traps
friday=legs/calves
I dont thiink he wants to workout on the days he has work, but i could be mistaken.

jbarriga777

jbarriga777

Awards
buster you got it correct i cant workout on workdays 12 hours of working at a warehouse drains me, also im trying to stay away from full back work outs because my back grows fast. Im also built wide so working my back out makes me even wider. You are also right about me wanting to lean out. Im going to take your advice on the low carbs but I cant go to low becuase i need to have energy for work.
I will try you suggestions. and thanks for the advice.
Josh

buster12

Awards
buster you got it correct i cant workout on workdays 12 hours of working at a warehouse drains me, also im trying to stay away from full back work outs because my back grows fast. Im also built wide so working my back out makes me even wider. You are also right about me wanting to lean out. Im going to take your advice on the low carbs but I cant go to low becuase i need to have energy for work.
I will try you suggestions. and thanks for the advice.
Josh
Glad to help. I pretty sure your the first person ive ever heard say that they dont work out back because it grows TOO fast!lol Its all good though. On your low carb day, dont be afraid to add more fats than usual. people tend to forget that fats are greatly incorporated in bodybuilding pre-contest diets when they cant have carbs. Then a few days before the show they slowly introduce carbs again.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Oh i understand, its a layout of my split, you can always just change the day named....