What is your favorite hypertophy/bodybuilding program?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Modified Westside for Skinny Bastards

I'm only 2 weeks into it, but I love it so far.

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
im more of a strength guy myself but ive found Matt Reynold's DFHT to be very effective. . . . might be worth a look

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
Anything low volume high frequency high intensity.

buster12

Awards
I do the "listen to what excersises my body reacts well to and I incorporate those excersise in a routine" training. Never been injured and it has helped me tremendously with bodybuilding.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hypertrophy can occur at various volumes and intensities

for instance, I prefer undulating periodization with full-body routines. hits the full gambit and keeps your body guessing. haven't hit a plateau except for when cutting at 1000cals below maintenance. by far my favorite.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I've not yet ventured into a focused program, but am still making gains based on an intuitive pyramid mid-high rep style I just sorta grew into. I have a VERY loose goal going in surrounding a few compound exercises for my chosen split, then add in what I can to meet any goals I have (for example, forearms are a current focus so after I hit my bicep compounds I've been adding in a ton of reverse grip and carry work). I track my reps and sets (giving me an idea of endurance and strength over time), and as my body feels up to it I push those numbers every week. If I find I'm stuck (hasn't happened often), I shift in some new work and come back to it later. This way, I'm making both strength and hypertrophy gains (ht being the main goal).

I'd really like to follow a hypertrophy specific program like DC or MaxOT or something, but just haven't gotten a comfort level on any of them yet. As long as I'm making gains with this intuitive style training, it's all good. But I do plan on shifting into something a bit more focused.

Endgame007

Endgame007

Awards
The routine that gave me the biggest jump in muscle would have to be the HITT program with one extra day of rest. I used the routine straight out of Dorian Yates book "blood and guts".